Wondering how to make large pores smaller? Skin experts share how you can minimise pores in Dubai in the best, effective way
13 April 2022| Last updated on 22 April 2022
The skin is our largest organ of the body. It contains millions of pores, even if most of them are not visible to the human eye. All these pores are open, which allows the skin to "breathe".
The term "open pores" refers to enlarged skin pores that have become more visible over time. However, large skin pores often appear in areas with a higher density of sebaceous glands, namely in the t-zone: the forehead, nose and chin.
They negatively affect the texture of the skin and become an aesthetic problem for both men and women with oily or combination skin types.
What causes large open pores?
Enlarged pores is a problem that affects teenagers undergoing hormonal changes and adults with ageing skin or hormonal issues, too. A person’s pores may be more or less noticeable depending on their skin type.
There are several causes of large-looking open pores:
- High levels of oil (sebum) production
- Thick hair follicles
- Reduction of collagen production in skin, caused by ageing
- Sun damage or overexposure to the sun.
How to prevent the appearance of large pores?
1. Some home remedies may help improve the appearance of large pores.
Use only oil-free, non-comedogenic skin care and makeup products. The term "non-comedogenic" means the products don't clog the pores.
2. Cleanse the face twice daily or more.
Clogged pores or an oily complexion can make pores look larger and more noticeable. Cleansing twice a day can help unclog pores, prevent clogged pores, and reduce oiliness.
3. Protect your face from the sun.
The more the sun damages our skin, the less firmness it has. When skin starts to lose its firmness, the pores look more open.
4. Exfoliate the skin.
Exfoliating may make pores less noticeable. To get the results you want, you need to exfoliate safely to avoid damaging your skin.
While home treatments and a regular skincare routine can help reduce the visibility of pores, the following can also promote the overall health of a person's skin:
- Food: Getting the right balance of nutrients, fats, proteins, and carbohydrates helps improve overall health.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water to hydrate the skin from within. This helps improve the overall complexion.
- Sport: Regular exercise increases blood flow to all parts of the body, including the skin, and encourages sweating.
Which treatments are available for enlarged pores in Dubai?
Definitely the first step for healthy and smooth skin is a consultation with a dermatologist to find which procedure is suitable for the skin.
Below are the best, dermatologist-approved solutions in Dubai to treat and prevent the appearance of enlarged pores:
- Intracel RF Microneedling
- Dermapen with mesotherapy
- Chemical Peel
All of these procedures are available at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin and Laser Centre in Dubai.
RF Microneedling INTRAcel.
RF Microneedling INTRAcel is a revolutionary treatment which cleverly combines two well-established treatment modalities: Microneedling and Radiofrequency (RF).
It uses insulated needles to puncture the skin and deliver RF energy below the skin. The spacing of the needles means that healthy skin is preserved which facilitates rapid healing and growth of new tissue.
This procedure helps suppress sebum, boost collagen production, resurface the skin, and shrink pores.
Dermapen with mesotherapy is an effective and safe method to reduce enlarged pores. The device works to minimise large pores by creating thousands of flawless micro-injuries on the surface of the skin. Each session will activate our natural wound healing response, producing and distributing new collagen in the complexion.
For individuals with mildly enlarged pores, topical therapy in the form of retinoids, and glycolic acid chemical peels can be considered. The chemical peels help to remove dead skin and to clear the sebum, increasing the production of collagen and firming up the skin. They help in controlled exfoliation and remove the upper layer of dead skin.
Microdermabrasion is an excellent option for those with mildly enlarged pores. The treatment does not shrink the actual size of the pores but it will minimise the appearance of the pores by removing and vacuuming dead skin cells from the skin and revealing fresh, healthy skin.
You might also be interested in...
- How Carbon Laser Peel in Dubai Can Help Minimise Dark Circles
- These Medical Facials in Dubai Can Heal Your Skin From Within
- Best Cellulite Treatment in Dubai: Get Rid of Cellulite with Emtone®
- Dermal Fillers Removal in Dubai: Costs and Where to Get it Done
- Chemical Peels for Dark Circles and Under Eyes in Dubai
- We Found a Permanent Solution to Remove White and Grey Hair in Dubai
- Broken Capillaries in Dubai: Causes and How to Treat Broken Blood Vessels