In this guide, we cover common causes of broken capillaries or spider veins, and what solutions are available in Dubai
19 December 2021| Last updated on 12 January 2022
Get rid of broken capillaries or spider veins with these treatments.
If you have any red, spidery marks somewhere on your face or body, you might be dealing with a broken blood vessel or spider veins.
Keep scrolling to find out how to get rid of broken capillaries on your face or body in Dubai, along with what causes broken blood vessels in the first place, with the experts at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre.
What are broken capillaries?
Broken capillaries are actually tiny blood vessels that have burst under the skin. They can appear in any location on the body, but are especially noticeable on the nose area or other regions of the face.
The red veins take on the shape of spiderwebs, which is why they are also called 'spider veins'.
Broken capillaries are also known as broken blood vessels or telangiectasias.
What causes broken capillaries?
There are many causes of broken blood vessels on the face. They include:
- Aging and genetics. Aging is another reason that broken blood vessels may happen, due to how the skin tends to become weak and thin as a person ages. People with ruddy or reddish complexions, or fair skin types, tend to experience this issue.
- Pregnancy. Hormonal changes during pregnancy can lead to broken blood vessels. Pregnancy-related spider veins might disappear on their own after delivery.
- Rosacea. Skin conditions such as rosacea is another cause of broken capillaries. This skin condition leads to face redness and flushing. With erythematotelangiectatic rosacea, broken blood vessels are common.
- Sun exposure. Excessive sun exposure can enlarge your blood vessels and make blood vessels more noticeable. Too much exposure to the sun hurts the blood vessels' elasticity, particularly in areas such as the nose and cheeks.
- Environmental or chemical irritants.
- Alcohol abuse and smoking. Alcohol abuse may increase blood pressure, which can break blood vessels. Smoking harms the circulatory system, causing the capillaries to become weak.
- Injuries. A bruise or injury may cause capillaries to permanently dilate on the nose, chin, or cheeks
- Weather conditions. Avoiding extremely hot weather, windburn, sun exposure, and extreme temperatures are just as important as treating the skin gently.
What treatment is available for broken capillaries in Dubai?
A doctor can usually diagnose broken blood vessels on the face with a visual examination.
Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre offers several treatments for broken capillaries in Dubai:
Broad Band Light therapy
One of the most effective treatments for broken capillaries is Broad Band Light (BBL). BBL works by shining light directly on the capillaries. The heat from the light causes the veins to shrink and become less visible.
BBL is a non-invasive procedure that uses broad-range wavelengths to send photo-thermal energy to the deeper layers of the skin tissue. The heat stimulates collagen growth and has a regenerative effect on the cells.
The BBL device works on both large and small areas of the body. BBL treatments are safe and effective for most skin types.
Sclerotherapy uses injections of a special solution to help spider veins disappear in a short period of time, generally a few weeks.
The injected solution helps seal up the blood vessels, which causes the visible blood just under the skin to disappear.
Pulsed Duet Laser therapy
PDL therapy uses intense laser lights to destroy problematic veins. The Pulsed Dye Laser uses a concentrated beam of light is aimed at blood vessels in the skin. The light is changed over into heat, obliterating the blood vessel while leaving the encompassing skin undamaged.
All of the above treatments require multiple sessions to get the desired result. The spider veins can return, and the procedure may need to be repeated.
To consult with a dermatologist, simply call or message Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre below.
You might also be interested in...
- How to Safely Remove Skin Tags in Dubai, According to Dermatologists
- These Medical Facials in Dubai Can Heal Your Skin From Within
- How to Look 10 Years Younger With Forever Young BBL
- Dark Circles, Under Eye Wrinkles, and Sagging Eyelids Treatment in Dubai
- Birthmark Removal in Dubai: These Treatments Give Instant Results
- Here's How PRP Therapy Can Keep Your Hair and Face Bright and Healthy
- Acne Scars Treatment: RF Microneedling in Dubai