Get rid of dark circles in Dubai with carbon laser peel, available at Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre
15 March 2022| Last updated on 30 March 2022
Dark circles are a common problem today which can be caused by different factors: poor sleep, medication, food, alcohol, genetics, or the natural aging process.
If you're on the lookout for a way to reduce dark circles, we turned to Dr. Kamil Al Rustom Skin & Laser Centre with all their complexion-perfecting answers to get the scoop one of the best ways to reduce dark under-eye circles.
And we found a clear winner through carbon laser peel, a non-invasive treatment that can help brighten your eyes.
What does a carbon laser peel do?
Carbon Laser Peel can safely treat the appearance of dark circles and crepe-textured skin under the eyes.
Carbon dioxide removed by laser can help stimulate the circulation of blood and oxygen, encouraging collagen production. This leads to improvements in your under-eye's skin texture and colour, reducing puffiness.
What can I expect during a carbon laser peel procedure for dark circles?
- The therapist will apply a layer of liquid carbon onto the eyelids (upper and lower). The carbon absorbs pigment and dead skin cells.
- The carbon liquid will take 10-15 minutes to dry on the skin.
- After the carbon has dried, the therapist will pass a laser. This heats up the carbon, binding it to the epidermis.
- A smoke evaporator attached to the laser will remove the carbon as well as the debris and impurities it contains.
- The therapist may also apply a topical antibiotic and sunscreen to the skin after treatment.
During the procedure, your eyes will be completely protected.
Downtime and aftercare
The procedure is non-invasive, with zero downtime. People with sensitive skin may experience a slight pinking or reddening of the skin, but this usually lasts for just one hour or less.
Aftercare for carbon laser peel:
- Gently use a daily moisturiser (the skin might be more dry after carbon laser)
- Regularly use sunscreen with at least SPF 50+ for several days post-treatment.
- Don’t use any products containing retinol for at least five days after treatment.
- Don't do any other procedure for eyelids for the next three days.
The best results will require 4-6 sessions, scheduled 2 weeks apart, with each session lasting 30 minutes.
You might also be interested in...
- Chemical Peels for Dark Circles and Under Eyes in Dubai
- Dark Circles, Under Eye Wrinkles, and Sagging Eyelids Treatment in Dubai
- Under Eye Filler Treatment in Dubai For Tackling Tired Wrinkled Eyes
- Dermal Fillers Removal in Dubai: Costs and Where to Get it Done
- Broken Capillaries in Dubai: Causes and How to Treat Broken Blood Vessels
- HIFU is the Non-Surgical Face Lift in Dubai for Tighter Skin
- Eyebrow Tattoo Removal in Dubai: When and How to Do It?