On the hunt for the perfect gummy smile fix in Dubai? Our Group Editor has tried and tested two popular methods to help you decide
26 August 2018| Last updated on 13 November 2018
Are you a little conscious about your smile? Think that too much gum is showing? There’s an easy, non-invasive way to fix it without going under the scalpel!
If, like me, you tend to show a little too much gum when smiling, you might be wondering how you can fix that gummy smile of yours.
Thankfully here in Dubai – the land of brilliant cosmetic clinics like Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group – there’s an affordable, easy and non-invasive option that’s proven very popular when fixing gummy smiles.
Instead of undergoing painful lip re-positioning surgery or laser gum gingivectomy, you can instead opt for Botox in Dubai.
It might not be a permanent fix, as with any Botox treatment, it must be topped up after a few months. But it is the perfect way to alter your gummy smile temporarily so you can decide whether you like your new smile or not.
If so, you can have Botox top-ups later down the line – which are significantly less painful than other gummy smile fixes available.
What are the causes of a gummy smile?
A gummy smile is when the ratio of gums to teeth are not in proportion. In medical terms, excessive gingival display – or a gummy smile – could be the result of a number of causes. Such as:
- Vertical maxillary excess: this is due to an overgrowth of your upper jaw or maxillary bone in the vertical direction
- Short upper lip: patients who have a short upper lip may experience a gummy smile
- Hyperdynamic lip elevators: patients who have strong dynamic levator muscles so when smiling, too much gum is exposed
- Deep upper buccal sulcus: due to vertical maxillary excess, the space between the upper lip and the gums is deep and may cause exposure of the sulcus on smiling
- Proclination of upper incisors: a.k.a. ‘fanning of the teeth’, which is caused by teeth being angled forward and causing the lip to retract
- Issues with teeth: some may have erupted improperly and this remain covered by gum tissue and short, or they’re so small in comparison to the gums due to genetics or wear
- Gingival hypertrophy: this is the thickening of gum tissue, which can cause a gummy smile as gums are too long or enlarged
You might also be interested in...
- Treat Skin Laxity and Poor Skin Texture with PROFHILO
- What Are Injectable Treatments?
- Breast Augmentation Q & A with Dr Allen Rezai
- 5 Things to Know Before Getting Breast Implants
- 5 Things You Should Know When Considering Lip Fillers
- 5 Things You Should Know About Size, Shape & Profile of Breast Implants
- 5 Things to Know About Botox for Axillary Hyperhidrosis
- Review: Vampire Facial
- Review: ZO Facials in Dubai
Why is Botox great for fixing a gummy smile?
Despite my mother’s best efforts of persuading me my smile was perfect, I haven’t been entirely convinced since I received my wedding photos back. Growing up, there were remarks made towards my ‘horse-like’ smile from frenemies and bullies.
Which is why I was very thankful to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Allen Rezai and his team at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group on project Fix Beccy’s Gummy Smile.
Step one of the project was Botox – and perhaps the part that will have the most significant results for my smile. The second part was lip fillers, more on that later…
Undergoing Botox injections for a gummy smile is great for a number of reasons:
- It’s virtually pain-free compared to other options
- It’s non-invasive with little to no side effects
- It is a very quick treatment to complete
- There is little to no down-time post-treatment
- Results last between 3 to 6 months
Of course, I’d highly recommend booking your consultation and treatment with Dr. Allen and his team at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group. Simply fill in the form below to book a consultation!
As you’ll see in the treatment videos, I was comfortable throughout the entire treatment, and Dr. Allen and his team took the necessary steps and precautions to make sure I had no bruising or side-effects from undergoing the Botox.
Having had tattoos myself, the Botox injections were pain-free. Plus, combined with a numbing cream to help reduce the sensation, it was the most comfortable cosmetics treatment I’ve had in Dubai… As is always the case at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group!
You might also be interested in...
- Natural Looking Lips with Dr Allen Rezai
- Tuberous Breast Correction – Q&A with Dr Allen Rezai
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Getting a Skin Peel
- 5 Things to Know Before Getting Breast Reduction Surgery
- The Choice of Breast Reconstruction and FAQ with Dr Allen Rezai
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Getting Cosmetic Surgery
- Review: Botox For Excessive Sweating
- Want to reverse effects of Fillers? Read This Article…
Having lip fillers for a gummy smile in Dubai
An alternative, non-invasive way of reducing excessive gingival display in Dubai is having lip fillers. Undergoing lip fillers in Dubai at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group was step two of project Fix Beccy’s Gummy Smile - and honestly, something I’ve been considering for a while now.
In fact, here’s five things you should know when considering lip fillers. Regardless of whether you want to fix a gummy smile, or enhance your natural smile already.
How can lip fillers help fix a gummy smile?
To achieve my new, complete "Hollywood smile", the last stage of fixing my gummy smile in Dubai was to undergo lip fillers to help increase lip volume and further cover some part of my gums.
If you’re unsure about undergoing Botox, having lip fillers to help fix a gummy smile is a more subtle way of helping cover your gums – and can be used alone or combined with another treatment.
By adding extra volume and plumpness to your lips with a Hyaluronic Acid like Juvederm, you can help to subtly reduce the amount of gum that shows when you smile. For me, who had what I’d describe as an excessive display of gum when smiling, combining both Botox and lip fillers has been the perfect way to fix my smile.
The only thing I must point out is that with lip fillers, you may experience swelling and redness for a few days post-treatment – and the treatment provides more discomfort in comparison to the Botox injections.
Of course, Dr. Allen and his team take every measure to ensure any client is relaxed, comfortable and not in pain.
You might also be interested in...
- Have You Heard Of Gynecomastia Surgery?
- Facelift Surgery, Is It Right For You?
- Rhinoplasty Q & A with Dr Allen Rezai
- What is Chin Implant Surgery?
- PRP Therapy – The Preferred Treatment
- How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
- Expat Woman Review of The Perfect Peel
- A Bespoke approach to Eye Rejuvenation
- Laser Hair Removal – Read & Watch Tory’s Experience
The results of a gummy smile fix in Dubai
Thanks to the hard work and advice of Dr. Allen and his team, my smile has now completely transformed – for the better. It’s taken some getting used to, but now I am comfortable with smiling fully, without worrying that I look donkey-like.
It’s safe to say, the before and after pictures and results say everything.
If you’re wanting to fix your own gummy smile, I highly recommend booking a consultation with Dr. Allen Rezai and his great team at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group. Simply fill in the form at the bottom of this page to request more information.