It's finally time for Nese's Perfect Peel treatment. Read below our very own beauty guru's experience with the procedure...
13 June 2017| Last updated on 31 October 2018
The Perfect Peel is a medium-depth peel suitable for all skin types. It's most obvious results include achieving clearer, younger and fresher looking skin in just a week.
Depending on the condition of the skin, and the desires of the patient, sometimes, a course of treatment may be required to achieve optimum result.
As I make my way in through the doors at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group, I am greeted by familiar faces all around. What's great is they all remember my name and that immediately makes me feel at home!
Rose explains to me that my skin may feel a tingling sensation and slight heat and that the smell of The Perfect Peel product is potent. The process is simple, 3 consecutive layers of the peel solution are applied to my face.
Vaseline is applied to the corners of my mouth, nose and eyes as these areas are more sensitive. As Rose applies the product I can see what she means by the potent smell, the only way to explain is that it’s slightly alcoholic. Rose quickly and swiftly applies the yellow liquid starting from my chin area. I feel the tingling and slight heat sensation.
You might also be interested in:
Instructions for The Perfect Peel after-care
- I am advised that I should leave The Perfect Peel overnight and not to wash my face. I am also cautioned that I may feel some warmness on my skin and that this is the sensation of the peel working on my skin.
- The following morning, I am asked to gently rinse my skin with water and blot dry with towel or tissue.
- In a few days, my skin will start to peel (like when you get sunburnt) but I am not to peel my skin at all! If the skin is excessive then to trim with a small pair of scissors but not to pull any skin off.
- I am given a moisturizing cream to use if I feel like my skin is too dry.
- To use complete sun block while going out in the sun and if possible to wear a hat for protection.
A day following The Perfect Peel treatment, my skin is slightly pink but I don’t feel any discomfort. I have rinsed my face with water and blotted dry with tissue as recommended.
Rose calls me although it is not a working day for her and asks how I feel and if I felt any discomfort during the night. I tell her I'm fine and that I have already rinsed my face and that I just look slight pinkish. She advises that I can use the moisturizing cream if my skin feels tight and to call her if I feel any discomfort.
The Peel has started to work! I have small signs of flakiness around my chin/jawline area and on the temples of my face. Although I was expecting it to peel like a complete layer (which it can and depends from skin to skin) mine is just flaking intermittently.
The flaking continues on my jawline, nose and forehead area but my skin does not feel any discomfort at all. As I have to go in to work today I apply a small pea-size dollop of moisturizer on the flaking areas of my skin so it doesn’t look too dry.
The flaking is less today but as you can see the difference in colour of skin on my forehead - the skin that is ready to peel is a darker tone and the skin which has peeled is lighter in tone.