Contrary to popular belief, Natural Result in Breast Augmentation Surgery is achievable with both Round as well as Teardrop Shaped Implants
8 April 2019| Last updated on 25 April 2019
Contrary to popular belief, Natural Result in Breast Augmentation Surgery is achievable with both Round as well as Teardrop Shaped Implants.
What is The Secret You May Ask? Well, the Thinking behind it is very similar to when you go shoe shopping! You wouldn’t buy a pair of shoes that are too big or small, too tight or wide for your feet.
You prefer a pair in the right Size, Shape and Width, A shoe that fits your foot perfectly or as close to perfect as possible! When it comes to Breast Implant Surgery, similar to Shoe Sizing, a Bespoke Treatment Plan with the Right Implant Shape, Size, Profile and Placement based on Your Indications are Vital in Achieving a Natural Results or the Perfect Fit.
Achieving a natural-looking breast appearance is as much an art as it is a science, I am a firm believer that the goal with Breast Augmentation Surgery or any other type of Breast Surgery for that matter, should be creating proportion between chest area and rest of the body.
Many times, choosing too small implants can be as unnatural as having large implants. Creating proportion Should Be the main objective when it Comes to a “Natural Look”.
You might also be interested in:
- Treat Skin Laxity and Poor Skin Texture with PROFHILO
- The Choice of Breast Reconstruction and FAQ with Dr Allen Rezai
- What Are Injectable Treatments?
- Breast Augmentation Q & A with Dr Allen Rezai
- 5 Things to Know Before Getting Breast Implants
- 5 Things You Should Know When Considering Lip Fillers
- 5 Things You Should Know About Size, Shape & Profile of Breast Implants
- Review: Get Glowing Skin with Glutathione IV and ZO Facials in Dubai
- 5 Things to Know About Botox for Axillary Hyperhidrosis
- Review: Vampire Facial
There is no set method in achieving natural-looking results, Instead the treatment plan should be personalised for each patient as every individual is different in terms of anatomy, lifestyle and preference.
During consultation I examine my patients and take necessary breast measurements, and based on these I recommend a size range and profile that fits the patient’s anatomy and would provide natural results.
I evaluate the following factors when Creating a Bespoke Treatment Plan:
- Patient’s height, width of shoulders & hips, ribcage, chest anatomy and measurements
- Patient’s desired upper breast tissue fullness and overall look
- Amount and distribution of breast tissue, i.e. more lower breast tissue or equally distributed
- Suitable placement for the implants, i.e., Submuscular, Subglandular, Subfascial or Dual plane
- Elasticity of breast tissue and skin
- Implant size
I also encourage all my patients to try various implant profiles within the size range I recommend, in a non-padded bra, in front of a mirror, I guide them through and show them the type of outcome to expect with each profile. If I believe that a shape, size or a profile does not fit their frame, I let them know and explain why.
Ultimately, patients will have the final say in choosing an implant size and profile, unless what they opt for is too big for their frame and would increase the risk of complications in short- or long-term, that is when I intervene and sometimes reject a patient, as I know that she will damage her body by opting for a large size or a certain implant profile.
You might also be interested in:
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Getting Eyelid Surgery
- Natural Looking Lips with Dr Allen Rezai
- Tuberous Breast Correction – Q&A with Dr Allen Rezai
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Getting a Skin Peel
- 5 Things to Know Before Getting Breast Reduction Surgery
- 5 Things You Should Know Before Getting Cosmetic Surgery
- Review: Botox For Excessive Sweating
- Review: ZO Facials in Dubai
- Non-Surgical Buttock Enhancement Injections
Normally all patients I consult appreciate my honesty and guidance when regarding breast implants. However, if following consultation, I notice that a patient is unsure of or disagrees with my recommendation in terms of implant size, profile and placement, I advise them to consult one or two other experienced plastic surgeons prior to making a decision.
It is always good to compare different opinions and see which one you feel good with. However, you should be cautious of plastic surgeons who prefer to use a single type of implant shape or profile regardless of suitability or those who agrees with everything you say and want, without considering your indications.
Instead you would want someone who’d discuss all available options with you and explains why he or she recommends an option or implant type or profile for you.
The ultimate goal with Natural Look Breast Augmentation is to achieve a natural outcome with minimal risk of complications.
It is important to keep in mind that Breast Implant selection is a long-term life decision, you are not looking for short-term satisfaction, instead you should consider your lifestyle and think about how your breasts will look in the future, as much as how they will look in the first year after surgery and select a size, shape and profile, that would provide you with long-term satisfaction.
This decision can be overwhelming for many patients, and ultimately it is your choice, but remember that your surgeon is there to guide you through this process and help you make the right decision.
You might also be interested in:
- Want to reverse effects of Fillers? Read This Article…
- Have You Heard Of Gynecomastia Surgery?
- Facelift Surgery, Is It Right For You?
- Rhinoplasty Q & A with Dr Allen Rezai
- What is Chin Implant Surgery?
- PRP Therapy – The Preferred Treatment
- How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
- Expat Woman Review of The Perfect Peel
- A Bespoke approach to Eye Rejuvenation
- Laser Hair Removal – Read & Watch Tory’s Experience
For A Bespoke Treatment Plan, a thorough, in person consultation with a skilled plastic surgeon is vital
It’s during this meeting that you can discuss your goals with wanting surgery, and what your preferences are in terms of “Look”.
It is paramount that you take your time when researching plastic surgeons, one of the most important considerations a patient should have, is choosing a plastic surgeon who is skilled, honest, and who will discuss all aspects of the procedure, including surgery and implant associated risks and complications, in detail and who provides realistic expectations of the outcome.
As a doctor, it’s important to take the time to fully understand patients’ expectations and goals with the surgery. I believe Honest and Open, two-way communication, is the key in Achieving a Successful Outcome!