Experts at Kaya Skin Clinic break down the science behind effectively getting rid of a double chin
28 November 2018| Last updated on 29 November 2018
Looking to hide that hint of a double chin?
If yes, then no need to pull out your scarves, turtle necks or neck-covering hijabs. Now you can get a defined chin and neck contour with a great profile to match, that too with minimal downtime!
How Does a Chin Double?
A double chin as the name goes is sagging caused in your chin area because of the accumulation of excessive fat tissue. This area is also otherwise known as the submental area, this region is prone to fat deposits, even seen in slim people. The accumulation of fat causes the platysma muscles to further sag, therefore affecting the shape of one’s jawline and causing the chin to sag.
The main factors to contribute to a double chin are age and genetic or hereditary factors. Weight gain, obesity and a round face shape are also known to do similar damage to your chin area. In overweight people, the problem multiples as the fat can accumulate in the jawline as well as the neck.
Does Digital Dependency Cause Double Chin
Did you know that spending hours on your phone can cause your chin to double? Looking down at your phone for extended periods of time in a certain angle can have adverse effects on your submental area, further causing your chin to sag.
Want to test this theory? Do a quick search on the internet for ‘neck exercises for double chin’, and the search results will get you focusing on pushing your chin out, stretching your neck and looking upwards.
You may be able to hide a double chin but can you escape it forever?
We often tend to overlook the effect different clothing has on our problematic areas. These could include double chin or any part of our bodies where fat has accumulated or we have lost muscle.
Concealing problematic area leads to temporary contentment but doesn’t solve the problem in the long run. Taking the initiative to eradicate the problem is an option that most people don’t consider but should.
Non-invasive treatments to target Double Chins
Treatments for double chin are customized based on individual needs. Ideally, the right treatment is devised by combining one or more of the following treatments:
- Cryotherapy: An effective treatment in targeting subcutaneous fat by subjecting it to super low temperatures and destroying it without affecting the overlying skin. This treatment is based on a non-invasive technology called ‘Cryolipolysis', where fat deposits are targeted and destroyed by using an ergonomically designed applicator, this also tightens the skin without any downtime.
- Radiofrequency (RF): This is another effective treatment in targeting double chin. Radiofrequency works by building collagen, tightening the skin and also in the prevention of sagging. It also effective reduces fat in the submental area. This treatment also has no downtime either.
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU): HIFU is a revolutionary FDA approved technology and an effective non-surgical facelift method. Dermatologists have the power to target and tighten deep facial layers of your skin (SMAS or superficial musculo-aponeurotic system) where the regeneration of fat cells needs to be carried out. It’s also extremely effective in fat reduction too.
- Lipo-dissolve: This is an inject-able treatment that destroys fat by dissolving it. A naturally occurring bile salt sodium deoxycholate, combined with a synthetic derivative. A naturally found bile salt sodium deoxycholate, mixed with a synthetic derivative, deoxycholic acid selectively targets fat tissue. The treatment also generates fresh collagen, addressing skin laxity and tightening up the area.
In most cases, a short mandible and chin can come together to give an incorrect perception of a double chin. An expert dermatologist can work in enhancing the chin and mandible with fillers to give it a more contoured look.
The above non-invasive treatments provide optimal results when combined together and are thus gaining more popularity than various traditional cosmetic surgery and liposuction options, as surgery is known to come with various risks and a longer recovery time.
Can double chins be exercised away?
The easiest answer is: it depends. It all comes down to the severity of the task. In some cases, treatment may still be required even after losing weight, to achieve a perfectly contoured look. Good news is that targeted facial exercises can help in toning the neck and chin. Working and exercising the sternocleidomastoid and platysma muscles in the neck can help you attain a well-toned and sharp jawline.
So work that chin ladies by opting for one of the above treatments at Kaya Skin Clinic and you’ll be beaming with a boost of confidence in your selfies before you know it.
Book your Free Body Consultation now at Kaya Skin Clinic or press 'Click to Contact' to submit your inquiries.
Offers at Kaya Skin Clinic
- Up to 20% off on Botox and fillers
- When opting for fillers treatment, Free Derma pen session worth AED 900 or PRP session worth AED 1900 T&C apply
Why Choose Kaya Skin Clinic
- Using only top quality FDA/MOH approved products
- Service administered by Doctors
- Skin practioners who go through training of 500 hours before they become certified to perform a service
- Hygiene and safety; new syringe every three pricks., cleanliness and comfort of the treatment room
- Open the fillers in front of you and give you the filler sticker
- Ambience and comfort (A feeling of luxury and science combined )
- 15 years of credibility in the region
- Price you pay, is totally worth it