Can your toothbrush make you sick?
26 March 2020| Last updated on 29 March 2020
We explore whether your toothbrush can make you sick with ConfiDent Dubai Palm Jumeirah.
Despite what some people might think, the toothbrush you use will ill doesn't continue to harbor the germs you had while sick.
Be it strep throat or the flu, thankfully your toothbrush isn't holding onto the bacteria and infections that made you ill in the first place.
Of course, good dental hygiene can prevent the spreading of any illness. Here are some general recommendations from the team at ConfiDent Dubai Palm Jumeirah to help you make sure you maintain the best dental etiquette...
What should you do?
- Avoid spreading germs by giving everyone their own toothbrush and toothpaste
- Rinse your toothbrush under cold running water to remove excess toothpaste and debris
- Don’t soak your toothbrush in disinfecting solutions or mouthwash – this can lead to the spread of the germs
- Let your brush air-dry after rinsing your toothbrush. Store it upright in a holder. Avoid covering your toothbrush or storing it in closed container. Moist environments are breeding ground for bacteria
- Replace your toothbrush every three months or sooner if the bristles start to look frayed
If you think you are suffering from a dental condition or would like to get a full dental analysis...
Schedule an appointment today with a board-certified dentist in the UAE now at ConfiDent Dubai Palm Jumeirah clinic - simply press click to contact below!