The Koster Clinic provides high quality private medical treatment in different fields of medical care.
4 February 2014| Last updated on 11 December 2018
Our aim is to combine uncompromising excellence in clinical expertise, with the most advanced technology and a strongly patient-focused approach that ensures outstanding total care.
Comfortable and Relaxing Environment
After qualifying and practicing at the Huddinge/Karolinska University Hospital in Stockholm and then as Senior Consultant and Chief of Department at the Tawam Hospital in Al Ain, Dr. Koster established the Koster Clinic to share the benefit of her unparalleled experience gained from over 30 years of patient care. She is a leading practitioner in the region in the field of women's health, covering all aspects of childbirth and fertility, including pregnancy and its complications, and infertility. Her particular expertise includes investigations and treatment of infertility, Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and prevention of cervical cancer and colposcopy. She also has a special interest in aesthetic vaginal and vulva surgery.
Dr. Koster's in-depth knowledge of an impressive range of women's health issues, combined with an incisive mind and genuine concern for patients, have led to her being renowned as a caring and highly effective practitioner whose commitment to her patients is total.
DR BOUVIER - GP
Dr. Bertille Bouvier is a General Practitioner graduated from the Faculty of Medicine Saint Antoine in Paris, France and is French Board Certified.
After her internship in multiple hospitals in Paris and its region, including the Paediatric Emergencies at Kremlin Bicetre, the Paediatric Service of Melun Hospital and the Mother and Child protection service (PMI) in Seine-Saint Denis, she defended her thesis on the prevention of infantile obesity. During 7 years in France she has been focusing her practice on paediatrics, working in community services that support the health of mothers and children. Particularly trained in parenthood support and breastfeeding support, she is currently preparing the lactation consultant certification IBCLC in order to keep updated on latest international recommendations to best support mothers experiencing breastfeeding challenging situations.
She is recognized by her peers and her patients for her listening qualities and rigorous medical practice for the sake of overall care of the children within their family environment.
- Medical follow-up visits of infants and children to evaluate growth, sleep, feeding, and psychomotor development as well as providing general health advice.
- Medical care for common paediatric diseases (ear, nose, throat, pulmonary, digestive disorders, dermatology, etc.)
- Breastfeeding consultations for mothers who are experiencing challenging breastfeeding situations without finding the right support around them.
Dr. Bertille Bouvier also holds a post graduate diploma in public health. Her activities in public health include: advice for implementing prevention projects to people in schools and nurseries; evaluation of the public health challenge with the local team and with the targeted population; implementation of an action plan for the awareness and behavioural change to allow for better management of an organizations health.
DR ZOHREH SAFAI - Family Medicine Specialist
Dr. Zohreh Safai is an American board certified Family Physician and Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine with over 15 years experience. She offers comprehensive quality care to individuals and families and is committed to provide a full range of personalized patient-centered health-care services, including preventive medicine and treatment for existing problems.
She was awarded American Top Family Physician in 2007 and AMA Physician recognition award. Her vast experience includes clinical instructor of family medicine at the University of Washington Physician Network, and Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine UW Department of Family Medicine. She has also worked as a Family Physician at Medalia Health Care/PMG and Edmonds Family Medicine Clinic
DR JULIENE REUTER - Dermatologist
Stephanie qualified as a psychotherapist in New York, after a Master's degree in Social Work and a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology. Her practice in New York equipped her with a comprehensive understanding of the range of problems women encounter, and she has advanced training in trauma and crisis intervention as well as being a DONA trained birth and postpartum doula.
Stephanie's expertise is in applying a holistic, psychosocial approach combined with her own deep perception and compassion, guiding her patients to greater self-awareness and insight. An important part of her practice is working with pregnant and adoptive parents, preparing and supporting them in their new roles. She is also highly experienced in providing counseling for new mothers experiencing depression, and for infertility support.
MARTINE NATES- Acupuncture - Dip. AC, Clin. Ac (China), Cert. Paediatric Acupuncture
Member of British Acupuncture Council
Martine Nates completed her training at the London School of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (now part of Westminster University) in 1996. After graduation, she travelled to China for further study at the Yunan Province hospital in Kunming, where she earned a Certificate in Clinical Acupuncture. Over the past 20 years, she has continued her professional development, which is one of her particular passions, and has achieved qualifications in Pediatric, Obstetric, Gynecological, Auricular and Orthopedic acupuncture.
In addition to her private practice she has worked in the NHS (UK) and charity funded projects for many years, treating stress-related conditions as well as drug and alcohol addiction. She has particular experience and training in treating fertility issues and is a member of the Acupuncture Fertility Network (UK), allowing her to keep her expertise up to date with current developments in assisted fertility.
Martine is a consummate and respected professional who is recognized by her peers and patients for her dedication and high standards, taking great care for her clients. She uses a combination of traditional Chinese and Japanese therapies including acupuncture, massage, cupping, moxibustion, shonishin and mindfulness meditation.
Special interests: Fertility (both Male and Female) - Pregnancy Support - Gynecology - Musculoskeletal pain- Pediatrics- Addiction including Smoking and Food.
ALYSON STRONG - First Aid Training
Alyson is a U.S. certified Nurse with extensive experience in pediatric and neonatal care, including three years running the neonatal unit at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, Senior Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse positions at several major Children's Hospitals in the U.S, and two years as a consultant advising hospitals on safety and hygiene. She was formerly Senior Nurse at a pediatric clinic in Dubai.
Alyson gives first aid training including Pediatric First Aid, CPR and Emergency First Aid at Work. Alyson is assisted by two certified nurses present in the clinic to look after patients' needs and help with minor procedures.
You might also be interested in...
Pregnancy is a time of joy. With expert help and guidance you can feel relaxed and confident about the forthcoming delivery.
Dr. Koster heads our team providing a comprehensive service for women's and family health, particularly fertility issues and wellbeing during pregnancy and labour.
Every woman dreams of having children but some need a little extra help conceiving. Dr. Koster's immense experience has assisted many women to successful conception, utilizing advanced procedures to identify the problem and a range of solutions such as ovulation stimulation to achieve optimum fertility.
- Cycle monitoring (follicle measurements by ultrasound)
- Ovulation induction/stimulation, using hormonal treatments to stimulate egg release, increasing the chance of successful pregnancy.
- Fertility Assessment Package - A comprehensive scientific analysis of your fertility, for both husband and wife individually or as a couple, including blood tests for hormone levels, egg reserve assessment, ultrasound scans and semen analysis.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) management & treatment
- Endometrial thickness
- Pelvic scans
- Sonohysterosalpingogram (for identifying blocked fallopian tubes)
- For patients undergoing IVF treatment abroad, we offer a convenient local ovulation induction procedure, minimizing the time spent abroad.
- The Koster Clinic also has excellent relationships with IVF clinics in many countries, to help you achieve minimum disruption to your treatment when travelling.
We understand the importance for mothers-to-be of choosing the delivery method that suits them best. Whichever method you opt for you can relax, safe in the knowledge that Dr. Koster and her team have vast experience of childbirth, as thousands of healthy, happy babies and mothers will confirm.
- Natural childbirth
- Planned caesarean-section for medical reasons
- Planned caesarean-section by mothers choice
- Hysteroscopy/ removal of endometrial polyps
- Dilation & Curettage
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- G-Shot, for improved sexual stimulation
- Contraception , inclusive of insertion of IUCD
- Cervical cancer screening – Pap Smear and HPV testing
- LETZ procedures - an advanced method for treating cervical dysplasia. We can offer a comprehensive package including financing options.
- Discrete and confidential STD testing
- Blood tests, including hormone levels
Pregnancy and childbirth, stressful family situations, illness and the trials of life can all place a strain on our mental wellbeing. Recognizing this, the Koster Clinic provides an essential and highly effective psychotherapy service to assist patients in need of support during difficult times.
Our service includes a special focus on pregnant women and new parents, including expert counseling for mothers suffering post-natal depression, and help for couples experiencing fertility problems. Treatment takes place in a dedicated, comfortable environment, where patients can be helped to better understand and deal with emotional issues troubling them.
Services now offered at Koster Clinic Family Medicine;
- Pediatric and adolescent medicine
- Preventive healthcare including child exam and sports physical
- Physical exams
- Women’s healthcare, Pap smear, pre-natal checks and consultation
- Full spectrum of adult medicine for men and women
- Family planning
- Adult & child immunizations
- Patient Education
- Endocrine disorders including, Diabetes management, Thyroid disorders & Cholesterol
- High blood pressure management
- Asthma monitoring and management
- Radiology and laboratory services
- Anticoagulation management
- Comprehensive healthcare for infants, children and adults
- Prenatal care
- Routine gynecological care
- Acne management
- Sports medicine and injuries (ankle, knee, shoulder)
- Back + joint pain
- Minor dermatological surgeries: Mole excisions & Cist removal
FIRST AID TRAINING
The Koster Clinic has been awarded approved training centre status by First Aid Awards Ltd, enabling the clinic to train first aid practitioners to a recognized United Kingdom standard and by the Dubai Ambulance Services. This means that we can first aid training facilities for groups of up to 12 people, catering for companies and institutions such as nurseries and schools. Skills taught include Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the use of an AED (automated external defibrillator) device.
We can also offer private first aid training for parents and domestic staff, either at your home or in our offices. This is a wonderful opportunity to ensure that your loved ones are never far from skilled first aid help if an emergency occurs. The courses that are taught are those which have been specialty designed and tailored for the local market by back to basics.