Register today for an 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program
26 February 2019| Last updated on 3 March 2019
The program is recognised as the gold standard for mental and physical health in the field...
Are you wishing to learn more about mindfulness meditation? You're in luck! Koster Clinic are bringing the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program to Dubai.
The course, which will last 8 weeks, will provide weekly instruction to participants on mindfulness meditation practices in a non-religious context. Not only that, but interested registrants are encouraged to join the FREE pre-program orientation before committing to the course.
What benefits does MBSR have?
Unlike many shorter courses, MBSR has over 35 years of research displaying that it can lead to measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy and stress - as well as improving the immune system, sleep and pain management.
In fact, studies have shown that MBSR can also help with stress, anxiety, depression, quitting smoking, insomnia, headaches, chronic pain, Fibromyalgia as well as high blood pressure.
What's included in the MBSR course?
For registrants who wish to sign-up to the course, you'll gain access to the following:
- Weekly instruction in mindfulness meditation practices in a non-religious context
- Group discussions and activities enhancing everyday awareness and quality of life
- Strategies to deal with the daily challenges of stress, anxiety and chronic pain
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Daily home assignments, work book and practice recordings
- All day retreat that integrates all of the practices
The MBSR program at Koster Clinic will be facilitated by Martine Nates - who has been practicing mindfulness meditation for over 25 years and is fully certified to teach the MBSR program by Bangor University, UK.
She is a well-respected Acupuncturist with over 20 years’ experience, specialising in stress-related conditions, pain, fertility and pregnancy. She has been working and living in Dubai for the past 11 years with her husband and 2 daughters.
What are the details of the MBSR program?
- Dates: April 23rd & 30th, May 7th, 14th & 21st and June 4th, 11th & 18th.
Please note that the first and last classes are 3 hours long - from 6.30pm until 9.30pm
- Timings: Tuesdays from 6.30pm until 9pm*
- Location: The Koster Clinic, Umm Suqeim 3
- Price: AED 1,900 - a deposit of AED 250 is required to secure your place after orientation
The all day retreat will occur on Saturday 8th June from 10am until 5.30pm at Little Lands Nursery on Umm Suqeim.
Try before you buy!
Pre-class Orientation: A choice of 2 days - Either Monday 25th March, or 8th April 6:30 – 8:00 pm. This session is a required part of the course, enabling you to experience and learn about MBSR, meet Martine and the other group participants, and explore whether this program is right for you.