MBSR helps you improve the quality of your life by overcoming stress factors and taking control
10 July 2018| Last updated on 23 December 2018
Pre-Christmas Offer: Give yourself a gift for this 2019!
Enroll on this January’s 8 week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program orientation now and receive a 30% discount off the cost of the course when you register.
The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR) teaches practical meditation tools to help enhance quality of life physically, emotionally and mentally.
This 8-week program is designed for individuals both with stress-related conditions, as well as those simply wanting to learn to live more mindfully. Developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, at the Massachusetts University Medical Centre in 1979, it is now being taught in hospitals worldwide as well as corporations, health centres, schools and other projects.
The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR) is a 30 hour, 8-week course.
Developed in USA, it incorporates meditation, yoga and strategies to reduce stress, pain and create a more peaceful life. With more than two decades of published research, MBSR has demonstrated that regular meditation practice brings about measurable lasting changes in health and brain function.
Studies have indicated that MBSR helps:
- Quitting Smoking
- Chronic Pain
- High Blood Pressure
The MBSR 8 Week Program – 31 Hours
- Weekly instruction in mindfulness meditation practices in a non- religious context
- Group discussions and activities enhancing everyday awareness and quality of life
- Strategies to deal with the daily challenges of stress, anxiety and chronic pain
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Daily home assignments, workbook and practice recordings
- All day retreat that integrates all of the practices
About Martine Nates - The Facilitator
Martine has been practicing mindfulness meditation for over 20 years and trained extensively in MBSR with Bangor University (UK).
She is a well-respected Acupuncturist with over 20 years experience, specializing in stress-related conditions, pain, addiction, fertility and pregnancy. She has been working and living in Dubai for the past 10 years with her husband and 2 daughters.
Programme October 2018
- Dates: Wednesdays 6:30 – 9:00 pm; Jan: 16th, 23rd, 30th, Feb: 6th, 13th & 27th March: 6th & 13th
- Note: The first and last classes are 3 hours: 9:00 – 12:00 am
- Location: Koster Clinic, Al Yazzi St, Umm Suqeim 3, Location TBA
- Pre-class Orientation: Wednesday, January 9th 2018, 6:30 - 8:00 pm (Free of cost)
- All Day retreat: Saturday 2nd March: 10:00 am – 5:30 pm, Little Lands Nursery, Umm Suqiem
- Cost: Dhs 1600 after 30% discount
To reserve your place: Call Koster Clinic at 04 388 1887 to join the free pre-program orientation.
This session is a required part of the course, enabling you to experience and learn about MBSR, meet Martine and the other group participants, and explore whether this program is right for you.
For all inquiries please call Martine: 050 714 8421 or email: [email protected]
Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Acupressure in Labor
- Anthroposophical Medicine
Family Medicine | GP
Acupuncture | Cupping