The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program (MBSR) at Koster Clinic Dubai is an 8-week course created by Dr Jon Kabat-Zinn
10 June 2019| Last updated on 11 June 2019
It incorporates formal meditation, yoga and strategies to reduce stress, pain and create a more peaceful life.
With more than two decades of published research, MBSR has demonstrated that regular mindfulness meditation practice brings about measurable lasting changes in health and brain function associated with memory, focus, empathy and stress.
Studies have indicated that MBSR helps:
Stress | Anxiety | Depression | Quitting Smoking | Insomnia | Headaches | Chronic Pain | Fibromyalgia | High Blood Pressure
The MBSR 8 Week Program – 31 Hours
- Weekly instruction in different mindfulness meditation practices in a non- religious context
- Group discussions and activities enhancing everyday awareness and quality of life
- Strategies to deal with the daily challenges of stress, anxiety and chronic pain
- Gentle stretching and mindful movement
- Daily home assignments, work book and practice recordings
- All day retreat that integrates all of the practices
Programme September 2019
- Dates: Tuesdays (6:30 – 9:00pm) Sep: 24th | Oct: 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th | Nov: 5th, 12th
- Note: The first and last classes are 3 hours: 6:30 – 9:30 pm
- All Day retreat: Saturday 2nd November: 10:00 am – 5:30 pm – Little Lands Nursery, Umm Suqeim
- Pre class Orientation: Sep 17th, 6:30–8:00pm. This free session is a required part of the course, enabling you to learn about MBSR, meet Martine and explore if the program is right for you.
- Cost: 1950 with a deposit of AED 250 to reserve your place after the orientation
- For all enquiries: Call Martine at 050 714 8421 or email: [email protected]
About Martine Nates - The Facilitator
Martine has been practicing mindfulness meditation for over 20 years and is fully certified to teach the MBSR program by Bangor University, UK. She is a well-respected Acupuncturist with over 20 years’ experience, specializing in stress-related conditions, pain, fertility and pregnancy. She has been working and living in Dubai for the past 11 years with her husband and 2 daughters.