Insufficient water intake can lead to dehydration and this is bad news for your fertility
9 May 2018| Last updated on 17 May 2018
Dr. Fakih Infertility Clinic talks about the importance of drinking water to better your chances of conception
Recent studies have shown that the more hydrated your cervical mucus is, the easier sperm can travel through it. So to give you the best chances of conception, we recommend 8 to 10 cups of water daily.
If you’re not a big water drinker, here’s a suggestion, fill up a big cup of water every morning. Then set an alarm on your phone to go off every two hours during the day. When it beeps that means it’s time to refill your water glass.
Don't forget water is necessary for cell division, metabolism, and reproduction, and Water helps carry nutrients to the placenta and is an important part of all aspects of fetal development.
5 Reasons to Drink Water to Increase Your Fertility Chances
- Imbalance of hormones: Not drinking enough water leads to hormonal imbalance in your body which can hinder your chances of fertility. Water distributes your hormones correctly throughout your body, as and where needed.
- Improves egg quality: Drinking plenty of water can enhance the quality of your eggs and make sure that everything runs smoothly.
- Helps production of cervical mucus: It may sound gross but cervical mucus is an integral part of any pregnancy. It is required for the sperm to makes its way to the egg safely.
- Detoxifies body: Water is an important aspect of getting rid of of toxins from your body.
- Kidney and Liver functions: Water also helps these organs to function smoothly before and during pregnancy