The importance of knowing about PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is for the long term.
6 September 2017| Last updated on 26 February 2018
Having PCOS has both advantages and disadvantages.
- The main advantage is that people with PCOS have a very high ovarian reserve.
- The disadvantage is that some people with PCOS do not ovulate regularly and will probably need help in conceiving.
- Other disadvantages are some people could have oily skin and acne while others can have excess hair.
- Tips on How to De-stress While Carrying a New Life with You
- Relationship Between Body Mass Index and Heart Disease
- Important Nutrients and Diet Tips for Healthy Male Fertility
The importance of knowing about PCOS is for the long term.
To diagnose PCOS you need to have two of the following:
- Anovulation (someone who does not get their period once a month)
- Acne/oily skin or excessive hair
- Ultrasound finding of more than 12 follicles on each ovary measuring 5-9 mm
Also to learn how to modify your diet and lifestyle for the future to decrease your risk of diabetes and heart disease. You will also have to have some laboratory tests for diabetes, dyslipidemia, and some hormones.