Through the month of April, Mediclinic Dubai mall is offering free test kits to screen for Colorectal Cancer
2 April 2019| Last updated on 2 April 2019
Worldwide, colorectal cancer is the 3rd most common cancer in men and the second for women.
In the UAE, it is the 2nd most common cancer and the 2nd highest cause of cancer deaths, it is more common in men than in women.
Most produce no symptoms and often are found incidentally during endoscopy or x-ray of the bowel. Some however, can produce bleeding, mucous discharge, alteration in bowel function, or in rare cases, abdominal pain.
There are usually no symptoms associated with early-stage colorectal cancer. The American Cancer Society lists the following symptoms associated with more advanced stages of colorectal cancer:
- Bleeding in the rectum
- Bloody stools (can be bright red or dark depending on the location of the tumor)
- A change in bowel habits
- Cramps in the colorectal region
- Unexplained anemia (from blood loss)
- Weakness and fatigue
- Narrow stools or a feeling that your bowel is not empty
While these symptoms may be caused by factors unrelated to colorectal cancer, it is important to seek medical attention to rule out cancer.
Some factors are modifiable while others are not. Factors that may influence risk of developing colorectal cancer include:
- Family History (or personal history) of Colorectal Cancer
- History of inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Diets rich in red or processed meat
- Excessive drinking of alcohol
Do not wait. Get Screened now. Avail your free test kits from Mediclinic Dubai Mall.
Call 04 4495111 or email to [email protected] for more information.
To read about our doctor’s profile, click here.