A little bit of effort can ensure your treatment is smooth sailing
19 June 2017| Last updated on 9 December 2018
The decision to undergo laser hair removal treatment shouldn't be taken lightly. While many patients, both male and female, choose laser treatments to solve their unwanted hair problems—and are very happy with the results—there are potential risks to be wary of, and treatment results won't be the same for everyone. For these reasons, you should take the time to research different lasers, educate yourself on possible side effects, and consult with a professional, licensed laser hair removal provider before starting treatment.
Prior to Initial Consultation
You might also be interested in:
- SEE ALSO: WIN and Pick 1 of 3 Treatments with Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group
- SEE ALSO: Injectable Aesthetic Treatments: What They Are & What To Know
- SEE ALSO: Breast Augmentation Q & A with Dr Allen Rezai
- SEE ALSO: 5 Things You Should Know Before Getting Breast Implants
- SEE ALSO: 5 Things You Should Know, When Considering Lip Fillers
- SEE ALSO: 5 Things You Should Know About Size, Shape & Profile of Breast Implants
- SEE ALSO: 5 Things to Know About Botox for Axillary Hyperhidrosis
- SEE ALSO: The Choice of Breast Reconstruction and FAQ with Dr Allen Rezai
The Essential Patch Test
Specific Tips to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
- No Tanning
Laser works by targeting the melanin (the pigment) in hair and skin, so if you have a tan, either from sun exposure or tanning beds, spray tans, and tanning lotions, wait until the tan fades before undergoing laser hair removal. We recommend that patients should be wary of direct sun exposure in the time leading up to laser hair removal and to use sunscreen (SPF 50) religiously on any exposed body parts receiving treatment, from 4-6 weeks before and even during the course of your laser hair removal.
- Avoid Waxing, Plucking, Electrolysis and Bleaching
Don’t wax, tweeze, thread, use depilatories or bleach your hair for at least 4-6 weeks before your laser hair removal procedure. Removing the hair out by the roots means there won’t be any hair for the laser to target. Also by lightening your hair, you are making it more difficult for the laser to identify and target your hair. Shaving is the best way to treat your hair prior to and during the course of your laser treatments.
You might also be interested in:
- SEE ALSO: 5 Things You Should Know About Eyelid Surgery in Dubai
- SEE ALSO: Review: Lip Fillers at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group
- SEE ALSO: Tuberous Breast Correction Q & A with Dr Allen Rezai
- SEE ALSO: 5 Things You Should Know Before Having Skin Peels in Dubai
- SEE ALSO: 5 Things You Should Know About Breast Reduction Surgery
- SEE ALSO: 5 Things You Should Know Before Getting Cosmetic Surgery in Dubai
- SEE ALSO: Review: Botox for Excessive Sweat and Hyperhidrosis in Dubai
- SEE ALSO: Review: ZO Facial Treatment in Dubai by Elite Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Group
- Treatments to Avoid prior to Laser Hair Removal
- TO Shave or NOT to Shave! Before Initial Consultation
- SEE ALSO: How and Where You Can Remove Your Lip Fillers in Dubai
- SEE ALSO: Have You Heard of Gynecomastia?
- SEE ALSO: What You Need to Know About Facelift Surgery
- SEE ALSO: Rhinoplasty Q&A with Dr Allen Rezai
- SEE ALSO: What is Chin Implant Surgery?
- SEE ALSO: Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy - The Preferred Treatment
- SEE ALSO: How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
- SEE ALSO: Review: The Perfect Peel Can Take Years Off Your Skin!
- SEE ALSO: A Bespoke Approach to Eye Rejuvenation Treatment
- SEE ALSO: Review: Laser Hair Removal at Elite Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Group
Although Shaving is the best method for managing unwanted hair prior and during the course of your laser hair removal treatment, it is important that you DO NOT shave for about 2 weeks prior to your initial consultation as hair should be present for initial assessment.
If you or someone you know would like to learn more about Laser Hair Removal, visit our website or please feel free to call us on +971 44312396 for further information or to book a complimentary consultation.
You might also be interested in...