New Friends - Summer 2019 | ExpatWoman.com

New Friends - Summer 2019

Latest post on 02 July 2019 - 15:45

If you are in your 50s or 60s and new to Dubai or arriving this summer I would love to hear from you. As you may be aware the summer can be a lonely time to arrive with many expats leaving the hot weather in Dubai. I have been here 2 years and have made some great friends. We live in various areas from Jumeirah 1, City Walk, Marina, Jumeirah Park to Arabian Ranches. We go for coffee, lunch, shopping trips and days out, Our husbands love rugby and golf and enjoy exploring the other Emirates by driving off-road through the Wadi’s. If this sounds interesting to you, I/we would be happy to meet you.

Latest post on 03 December 2019 - 12:32
Hi Lisa welcome to Dubai. Unfortunately my husband was made redundant and we have Dubai at the end of November relocating back to the U.K. Such a shame as I lived in Jumeirah Park. If you email me...
Hi Kim, Thank you for your reply. I have sent you an email with my details,.
Latest post on 02 December 2019 - 17:13
Hi, my name is Lisa & I have moved to Jumeriah Islands a month ago. My husband works in Oman so is away for 4/5 days of week. I would love to meet new people & grow my social circle.
Latest post on 05 October 2019 - 11:27
Hi Susan sorry for the delay in replying. I’m away at the moment. back to Dubai tonight. There are a few of meeting for lunch at 12.30 outside More Cafe at MOE. You are welcome to join us if you don’t mind being a group of ladies in their 50/60s. Let me know if you would like to join us. Kim
Latest post on 02 October 2019 - 23:27
Hi, I'm Susan 32 years old. I would really like to join and meet new people even I'm not very new to this, city
Latest post on 30 September 2019 - 07:58
Hi Tamara I’m going to make lunch now. I’ll see you at 12. Kim
Great, see you then. Tamara
Latest post on 29 September 2019 - 22:30
Latest post on 29 September 2019 - 22:29
Great see you as soon as I can get there.
Latest post on 29 September 2019 - 21:36
Great see you as soon as I can get there.
Latest post on 29 September 2019 - 21:13
Hi Tamara I won’t make lunch at 12, but will be there at 1pm. Just wondered if you are still coming? I’ll make sure the others there are aware you will be there. See you tomorrow at Bateel in Marin...
Hi Kim, yes I will be there at 12 tomorrow. Am looking forward to it. Tamara
Latest post on 29 September 2019 - 21:07
Hi Tamara I won’t make lunch at 12, but will be there at 1pm. Just wondered if you are still coming? I’ll make sure the others there are aware you will be there. See you tomorrow at Bateel in Marina Walk. Kim
Latest post on 26 September 2019 - 09:47
Hi Kim, would love to meet up for lunch and Mahjong, ( I don’t know how to play, but willing to learn). Will see you on Monday at Bateel. Look forward to meeting you. Tamara
Great news. We will see you there at 12. I’ll let the group know that you will be coming. Have a nice weekend. Kim
Latest post on 26 September 2019 - 08:38
Hi Tamara welcome to Dubai. I would be happy to meet up. There are a few of us who meet on Monday’s for mahjong. . There are also a few Australian’s in this group. We meet for lunch at 12 and then...
Hi Kim, would love to meet up for lunch and Mahjong, ( I don’t know how to play, but willing to learn). Will see you on Monday at Bateel. Look forward to meeting you. Tamara
Latest post on 26 September 2019 - 00:59
Hi, I am new to expat life and Dubai. We are from Australia and living in Downtown. Would love to meet some new friends and learn some ins and outs of Dubai life. Happy to meet up for coffee or...
Hi Tamara welcome to Dubai. I would be happy to meet up. There are a few of us who meet on Monday’s for mahjong. . There are also a few Australian’s in this group. We meet for lunch at 12 and then Mahjong at 1 at Bateel in Marina Walk. Let me know if you would be interested. Look forward to meeting you. Kim
Latest post on 25 September 2019 - 16:53
Hi, I am new to expat life and Dubai. We are from Australia and living in Downtown. Would love to meet some new friends and learn some ins and outs of Dubai life. Happy to meet up for coffee or lunch. Thanks Tamara
Latest post on 24 September 2019 - 10:48
Hi Mng Kim, i am at more cafe wearing black top, shoulder lenght hair. Ayu
Latest post on 19 September 2019 - 19:08
Hi Kim, yes Tuesday will be great. More Cafe @ 11am. See you there.
Perfect there will be a few us that you can meet. Look forward to meeting you. Kim
Latest post on 19 September 2019 - 13:06
More cafe at mall of Emirates right? Just to re confirm.
Latest post on 19 September 2019 - 13:01
Hi Ayu I can’t on Monday as I play mahjong. Can meet Tuesday if that’s ok with you. Why don’t we meet at More Cafe at the mall at 11am. I’ll see if any of the other ladies are around too. Kim
Latest post on 18 September 2019 - 13:16
Hi Ayu I can’t on Monday as I play mahjong. Can meet Tuesday if that’s ok with you. Why don’t we meet at More Cafe at the mall at 11am. I’ll see if any of the other ladies are around too. Kim
Latest post on 18 September 2019 - 12:52
Hi Ayu welcome to Dubai. I would be free to meet up for a coffee next week. I’m actually leaving Dubai, but happy to introduce you to some other ladies. If you play Mahjong, we play every Monday. H...
Hi Kim, good to hear from you. Mall of Emirates will be fine, i will get into Careem/Uber to drop me of there. Is Monday 23 Sept, a good day for you? Say around 11.00am. Please recommend where to meet up as i have no clue of the shops there. Ayu
Latest post on 17 September 2019 - 14:12
Hi Ayu welcome to Dubai. I would be free to meet up for a coffee next week. I’m actually leaving Dubai, but happy to introduce you to some other ladies. If you play Mahjong, we play every Monday. Happy to meet for coffee at Mall of Emirates if easier for you. Let me know what’s easier for you Kim
Latest post on 17 September 2019 - 13:17
Hi i am Ayu from Malaysia, we arrived here about 2 weeks ago. I am 46 and looking for friends to chat and have coffee sometimes. It will be nice to know more about Dubai. We are staying in Jumeirah 3 area. It will be lovely to if we can keep in touch. Ayu
Latest post on 14 September 2019 - 19:01
Sent email some hours ago
Hi Angela I’ve checked junk and nothing has come in and I have resent email again to you just now. Hope you get it this time. Not sure what’s going on.
Latest post on 14 September 2019 - 19:00
Hi Angela I’ve checked junk and nothing has come in and I have resent email again to you just now. Hope you get it this time. Not sure what’s going on.
Latest post on 14 September 2019 - 18:47
Hi Angela I’ve just had returned mail. I’ve checked spelling etc and it’s all correct. Please send me an email and then I hopefully can reply. [email protected]
Latest post on 14 September 2019 - 13:57
Hi Angela I’ve just had returned mail. I’ve checked spelling etc and it’s all correct. Please send me an email and then I hopefully can reply. [email protected]
Latest post on 14 September 2019 - 12:42
Hi Angela a lot has changed since we last had an exchange. My villa in Jumeirah Park is available to rent from mid/end of November. Happy to show you our villa for now. As far as relocation compan...
Kim, how about sending me your contact details to [email protected].
Latest post on 13 September 2019 - 10:00
Hi Angela a lot has changed since we last had an exchange. My villa in Jumeirah Park is available to rent from mid/end of November. Happy to show you our villa for now. As far as relocation company, Santa Fe, DXI Logistic. Haus Haus show villas in our area. We went on property finder and had a list of villas to see and contacted the agent that way. We the.n had the same agent who took us to all the areas and we narrowed it down. Let me know what day is good. I’ll get the ladies together and see if anyone available fir drinks with husbands. Monday is mahjong. We play in the Marina. Would be a good day to meet. Let me know what’s best for you and I can take it from there. Look forward to meeting you. Kim
Latest post on 13 September 2019 - 08:46
Hi Angela Great please keep I touch. I know you may not have a lot of time when you arrive, but pleased to help in any way. I live in Jumeirah Park. There are no many new places, too many to list. ...
Hi Kim, My apologies for such a long break with emails. We have at last been able to schedule a look /see trip , leaving tonight via Hong Kong. I’d love to meet you and any other ladies , a coffee seems to be the best way, We’ve booked the Ritz Carlton near the Marina , I fly out Wednesday PM. Could you recommend either someone or a relocation company to show us both areas and type of housing.? My husband has people to see, we can work around that, the priority being possible housing and areas. Also are there any husbands free for a drink as well. ?? Look forward to meeting you, The recommendation to join this group has been fantastic and very welcoming. Angela.
Latest post on 03 September 2019 - 21:12
Sorry I meant Nero!! I always get the two confused. Nero right in the middle opposite Starbucks.
Perfect seya both at Nero

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY