Here's how to work on your husband's visa in Singapore and how to apply for a dependant's pass and who is eligible.
3 February 2014| Last updated on 28 June 2017
Dependant's Pass - Before you apply
Employment Pass holders, and S Pass holders with a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,000 may apply for Dependant’s Passes for their:
- spouses (legally married)
- unmarried or legally adopted children under 21 years of age.
These documents and information are required for Dependant’s Pass applications:
1. Dependant’s Pass application form Download Dependant’s Pass Application Form
a. The applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of the Employment or S Pass holder.
b. The form must be endorsed with the company's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.
c. A parent’s signature is required for children aged 16 years and below.
2. Photograph of the applicant (passport-sized and taken within last three months)
Personal particulars page of applicant’s passport/travel document (For children who share the same passport/travel document with the parent, the personal particulars page of the parent’s passport/travel document must also be submitted.)
Applicants who hold non-English documents or certificates are required to submit a copy of the original papers and the official English translation done by a certified translator, High Commission/Embassy or a notary public.
For babies born in Singapore, the parent has to report to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) with the letter issued by the hospital to obtain a short term visit pass. This pass is valid for 42 days, during which, an application for Dependant's Pass can be submitted.
Additional Documents Required
These additional documents are required based the applicant’s relationship with the Employment Pass or S Pass holder:
- A spouse (legally married) is required to produce a copy of the official marriage certificate.
- Unmarried children under 21 years of age must produce a copy of the child’s official birth certificate which states the names of the parents.
- Legally adopted children under 21 years of age need a copy of the child’s official Adoption Order or documents.
These are the fees collected for each Dependant’s Pass application:
Upon submission of each application- an administrative fee of $60
Dependant’s Pass – $150 per issue
Multiple Journey Visa (if applicable) – $30 per issue