Expat spouses in New York? | ExpatWoman.com

Expat spouses in New York?

Latest post on 28 October 2016 - 20:45

Hello ladies,
I would like to know if there are any expat spouses in New York? When I arrived in this city it was really hard for me to find and connect with women who were in my situation: giving up our careers to be with our partners where ever their jobs take us. There are few little expat spouses clubs, but they are quite closed, the french community, the UN community (not even open to all UN people), the consulates spouses...but nothing more holistic and inclusive, and few of them really care about the career and identity challenges of being a "trailing spouse". I would like to initiate something for all spouses from all horizons who want to get together in New York, to talk about their career challenges and find inspiration and opportunities together. I thought the best way is to start is with a mini conference event I am organizing on November 29th. The conference is a panel discussion called "Expat spouses, career and entrepreneurship", I invite some inspiring ladies to share their experience with us of how they managed to build their career despite the challenges of being a "trailing spouse". Please let me know if anyone here is interested into this topic. I will send you more info and I hope we will manage to build this community together through expatwoman. The New York expat world needs more warmth and community feel ;) Hugs, Amel

Latest post on 06 January 2019 - 12:13
Hi Amel - I have read your post with interest as I will be a 'trailing Expat Spouse' in January living in Manhattan and I wondered if you were able to gather enough momentum to have your mini confe...
Hi Suki, Just found your post. I’m a trailing spouse, currently packing up my home in the Uk, moving to Upper West Side, NYC on the 30th of this month. How are you getting in there, maybe we could meet for coffee some time? Would be great to chat to someone going through the same concerns. Hope your move went well Anne
Latest post on 04 November 2018 - 17:28
Hey. The question may be a little off topic. I read that in New York provide free public lawyer for immigrants who want to reunite with their family. Is it so? Does it help to get a visa? http://blog.legalsolutions.thomsonreuters.com/top-legal-news/new-york-creates-public-defender-system-immigrants/
Latest post on 13 August 2018 - 16:33
Hi Amel - I have read your post with interest as I will be a 'trailing Expat Spouse' in January living in Manhattan and I wondered if you were able to gather enough momentum to have your mini conference? If yes were you able to build on that and create a group? Are you still in New York? So many questions....thanks for taking the time to answer. Suki