Visa Run Question | ExpatWoman.com

Visa Run Question

Latest post on 11 May 2012 - 00:24

Hello All

I have a question about the visa runs,my son is on a 3mth visit visa that runs out 23/5 so will need to do a visa run,i have never done before so could someone explain to me the process and also if there is any grace period etc

thanks for help

Latest post on 12 May 2012 - 15:26
thanks busybee whereabouts do i need to go to get it stamped is it at the airport in abu dhabi? if you dont want to do the visa run you go to immigration on 19th al saada and pay the fee it used to be 500dhs dont know if a little more now, and i suppose you could go to immigration at the airport but of course a little more difficult with parking/security etc.
Latest post on 12 May 2012 - 03:48
thanks busybee whereabouts do i need to go to get it stamped is it at the airport in abu dhabi?
Latest post on 11 May 2012 - 21:36
Hello All I have a question about the visa runs,my son is on a 3mth visit visa that runs out 23/5 so will need to do a visa run,i have never done before so could someone explain to me the process and also if there is any grace period etc thanks for help there is a grace period for uk passport holders, but sometimes they give it sometimes not, it used to be 30 days and 10 days grace. you can also pay at immigration 500 dhs or so and get them to stamp the passport without you leaving the country this can only be done once, then after you need to physically leave the country, most people drive over to hatta and make a day out at the hotel there. its very easy, but you must make sure that your car is insured for oman, or you will have to pay at the border, if its a hire car you need the rental company permission too.