MOVING TO ABU DHABI | ExpatWoman.com

MOVING TO ABU DHABI

Latest post on 06 February 2013 - 17:16
Unfortunately we're looking for a 5BR Villa, so if you know anyone who has one for rent pls tell me. Thank you :-) there are quite a few empty here in our compound, all 5 beds, called Al Dhabi Complex, near khalifa park and brighton college, the security guards know which are free, and do let folks go and look, we rent from owner (owns them all) through his office. <em>edited by Delighted on 06/02/2013</em>
Latest post on 06 February 2013 - 15:32
Unfortunately we're looking for a 5BR Villa, so if you know anyone who has one for rent pls tell me. Thank you :-)
Latest post on 05 February 2013 - 15:56
Hi OMAAbound, how is it going in Abu Dhabi? My husband also has a job offer from Etihad as a first officer, and we are looking for some contacts. If you're interested just drop me an email : [email protected] Would be great hearing from you, Claudia
Latest post on 10 January 2013 - 11:20
The security gate at many of the compounds will have the information regarding which homes are available for rent, if you ask them, they would be able to give you the keys to go in for a look around.
Latest post on 07 January 2013 - 20:27
Yes we have seen its pretty big, but then again, the money spent in petrol driving round will be about 1% of the estate agent fees! As they are extortinate! yeh i know its a stupid rule that you have to pay to rent.... also driving around it will get you in the end... you may well be lucky but sometimes you will find that even if there is a number its not the landlord unless it says direct with landlord, it may well be a number for an estate agent, so quite often you cannot get around paying the agent fee.
Latest post on 07 January 2013 - 16:37
Hi Everyone The family and I are moving to Abu Dhabi on Feb 1, my husband has taken a position at Etihad as a pilot. We are looking at moving into the Khalifa City A, we have been given advice from a people NOT to use estate agents, but just to rent a car and drive aroudn, and there will be plenty of properties for rent , and we can rent direct from the owner. Is there anyone out that has done this? Also, is there any pilots wives on here that can tell me what its like there with families? you can use estate agents, but you have to remember that they do try it on. yes you can drive around as there are a few places now with to rent signs, but its very difficult kca is huge and it will take you a long time to drive around all of it, and cost you a lot in petrol.
Latest post on 07 January 2013 - 14:38
really i would love a villa and big garden ! and would prefer KCA as its closer to the schools and shops The prices we came acoss where as follows In al reef the villas where listed at 110 k for a 3 bed (we didn't look inside) in al raha gardens townhouses from 150k al raha villas - 165k khalifa city A standalone villas from 180k we saw shared villas for 110k and they where not nice at all if you find anything better pls let us know Hi When we came out in December, we spent a day looking round and went to Al Reef area, it was ok but not what we were looking for, we found that the Villas we looked at were small and very compact, and the gardens to be to small for our little one, even the ones we saw with Pools in were still very small. We can get standalone Villas with a pool and quite a large garden in KCA for the same price pretty much.
Latest post on 07 January 2013 - 13:50
Hi - we also moving to abu dhabi - currently in dubai and have been driving down looking at places initially we wanted a villa in khalifa cityA - but to be honest after living in dubai - its a bit dire - ant around with agents thats showed us mainly shared villas - that i just can't see myself living in the places i did find that where nice - where al rah a gardens and al reef . al raha gardens - is an alder development you just go to their offices opposite the road from the villas - they give you a few key and you can go look at the villas at your leisure but these tend to be more expensive villas another option is al reef - nice community not too far from the airport this is probably where we will be moving to happy house hunting !