Sun and Sky Towers - Cockroaches? | ExpatWoman.com

Sun and Sky Towers - Cockroaches?

Latest post on 19 August 2014 - 05:49

We have just arrived in AD and are looking for housing. We saw a place in Sky Tower yesterday and liked it a lot but we also saw two live cockroaches. Has anyone else had this happen living there? Is it a big issue? Or is this just an AD thing? Thanks!

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 08:16
We are in marina square building one and THANK GOODNESS I've never seen one!!!!
Latest post on 18 September 2014 - 19:29
I see some sometimes in my kitchen in Sea View tower, and I saw some before in the hotel apartment where I lived for two months. I suppose it's impossible to avoid in towers where so many different people with so many different hygiene standards are living...
Latest post on 26 August 2014 - 13:06
Currently live in the Sky Tower. One of the top floors, though. Initially there were no cockroaches, this was two years ago. Recently I've got some uncouth neighbors and I've seen cockroaches coming out of their apartment and crawling under my door. Then I saw cockroaches in my kitchen at random. I've been assuming that the neighbors brought them in. I've seen cockroaches in the hallway on the 5th floor as well where the Sports Facilities are AND by the loading bay area. So, I'm not certain if they're rampant but I've definitely encountered them. I can assure you all my stuff was brand new and my last apartment before moving to Sky was also brand new so, I am certain I didn't have them all along. I just saw the first cockroach in my living space a few months ago. I would also like to mention that one of my friends moved out of the Sun Tower due to a fowl smell. I never noticed what he meant until recently. My landlord is trying to increase the rent and I was forced to look at other apartments. I went to one apartment in the Sun Tower on the 16th floor and I noticed the fowl smell. If you go down to the fourth floor (which many people go through to get to their parking spots) you can smell it always. It's like an open sewer. I felt the same stench in the Sun Tower apartment. I don't know if that is only the case with lower floors or only some apartments.