organic food, non toxic baby supplies and nursery | ExpatWoman.com

organic food, non toxic baby supplies and nursery

Latest post on 21 September 2014 - 04:50

Hello,

Wondering if the grocery stores (such as Waitrose, etc.) sell overseas organic meat, fruit and vegetables? Also, are there any shops that sell non toxic baby wipes, cotton diapers and similar goods? If so, which ones?

Also, are there huge waiting lists for the top nursery schools? If we move to Abu Dhabi with a 2 year old, will we be out of luck? Wondering what the system is?

Thanks

Latest post on 16 November 2014 - 23:16
You will find things, but they are scattered. For baby food and groceries in general Waitrose has a fair organic variety, which includes organic baby food, milk, meat, eggs, pasta sauce and pasta, etc. Another place worth checking out is the organic cafe in Dubai. They deliver in abu dhabi weekly: www.organicfoodsandcafe.com/ Finally I just heard there's a weekly street market going on Saadiyat Island called RIPE where organic produce is sold. For baby wipes and personal care items you may also find some brands on Waitrose/Abella. A few things like organic sunscreen I was able to find at Carrefour. At big pharmarcies here you find the Mustella brand, which is free of many of the chemical hazards, although I can't remember if it is all organic. The BabyShop in Dubai has a larger variety, including a extensive line from a brand called 7th Generation. As for non toxic items such as toys, mattresses, furniture, and other larger items, it gets really tricky as there's not enough consumer demand/business knowledge on the subject. I nearly lost my mind looking for an organic crib mattress, and had to settle for a mattress wrap that I ordered from New Zealand company. Pottery barn sell some organic bedding. I hope this helps.
Latest post on 22 September 2014 - 08:49
Hello! There was a similar thread a few days ago, here : http://www.expatwoman.com/abudhabi/forum/topic227169-organic-vegetables-and-spinning-classes.aspx Regarding baby wipes, the less toxic I found are the "Corinne de Farme" brand in Lulu, which I use when we go out, otherwise I use water and soap at home. For cloth diapers, got good reviews from other people about this website and they deliver to Abu Dhabi, but I haven't tested them yet: http://eggsnsoldiers.com