Bed Bugs :-( | ExpatWoman.com

Bed Bugs :-(

Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 18:24
Try not to worry. With Dubai being such a transient place and with so much hotel, taxi and air travel, these bugs make their way round us all eventually! You'd be best to also get pest control in as they will have to get to the root cause of the issue which will be in places you can't see in your bed frame. You may need to get them out a few times and make sure they do your curtains etc too. Leaving your mattress in the sun will also help. Good luck!
Latest post on 14 December 2014 - 18:19
At this moment in time I feel like crying!!!!! Last my DH and I spent a couple nights in Dubai in what I thought was a nice hotel, until early one morning I saw a bug crawling around on the couch. I had no idea what it was so just flicked it away from me and we left. But since we have been home my DH has been eaten alive every night and waking up with small red bumps, he thought it was Chiggers but after some research I realized the "bug" I saw was a bed bug!!! For some reason I had always thought they were too small to be seen. I shared my belief with my DH and he called me asking what it looked like because he just found one on his arm while driving to work. I have now been cleaning my apartment for hours freezing what I can, rewashing clothes in hot water, vaccuming and steaming my couch.................with my iron agggh. I haven't seen any but I'm wondering if its even helping and if I should call an expert. Has anyone else gone through this and can recommend someone?