Have you imported pets into AD | ExpatWoman.com

Have you imported pets into AD

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 14:07

Hi everyone, my hubby will be moving to AD in a couple of weeks, and hopefully my son and I won't be too far behind!
We will be bringing our pets, dogs and cat also, it all seems pretty straight forward for jabs and paperwork this end, and I know about the import permit for when they arrive, we have had quotes from two companies one in AD and one in Dubai, to handle things when they arrive, but not sure if we actually need everything they offer, ie vet check at airport is over 4500 dhms, but I've read that you only need this if the handler thinks there's a problem. Also I think I need something called an e card to pay for customs clearance, but for how much?.... has anyone been through this process them self's and can you advise what we actually need? We are coming from Ireland, on Either if this makes any difference.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Nic

Latest post on 06 March 2015 - 21:44
Hi Nicci I spoke to Michelle, who hosts the coffee mornings, about importing my dog. She said it was not necessary to use a special agency. All that is required is for all your paperwork to be in order. I'm going to take Lex in as I usually take my dogs, with me in the cargo hold. Maybe you can contact Michelle directly by PM?