Partner working for etihad and making the move! | ExpatWoman.com

Partner working for etihad and making the move!

Latest post on 15 May 2015 - 02:22

Hi!
My partner has been offered a job for etihad airways, which we are delighted at. However we are not married yet which needs to happen before I can live with him.
Has anybody worked or know of anybody that works for etihad and do they help with rental in Abu Dhabi? Also can anyone recommend a nice place to live close to the airport or etihad staff accommodation?
There is a lot to do and think about but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end?
Thanks,
Katie xx

Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 13:51
My husband also works at EY. Most of us live in Al Reef, Al Raha Beach and the KCA area. Staff housing is almost impossible to get and EY didn't renew one of their major housing locations so most people are having to find their own accomodation. Yes, rent is paid in advance. EY will give you a housing allowance and pay the rent from that. If you rent under your allowance, they will give those funds to you in your monthly pay. If you go above the allowance (which a lot of people do), you have to have those additional funds at the time EY pays the rent to give to the letting agent. Ask for details of his offer for once you are married. They are quite good at breaking it all down. Thank you for the information you have provided. This is a small weight off my mind, we have been unable to locate anywhere online about a living allowance. Can you tell me anymore information regarding this? Does it make a big difference in making the rent more affordable as I am shocked with the rental prices for an apartment compared to our mortgage in the UK! Also the places you have recommended, are they close to the staff accommodation to get the free transport? Thank you once again ladies! xx Rents in the UAE are horrific compared to rents and mortgages in the UK. Unfortunately it is supply and demand here and Abu Dhabi does not have a rent cap so the nicer the area the higher the price. I pay almost 1200GBP for a one bed apartment whereas could get a 3 bed in the UK on a mortgage for that price
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 13:48
Our friend works in Cargo and lives in Al Reef and receives free transport to the airport so this means they have had to only have one car. My husband's position is based at HQ so there is no free transport for him.
Latest post on 18 May 2015 - 02:02
My husband also works at EY. Most of us live in Al Reef, Al Raha Beach and the KCA area. Staff housing is almost impossible to get and EY didn't renew one of their major housing locations so most people are having to find their own accomodation. Yes, rent is paid in advance. EY will give you a housing allowance and pay the rent from that. If you rent under your allowance, they will give those funds to you in your monthly pay. If you go above the allowance (which a lot of people do), you have to have those additional funds at the time EY pays the rent to give to the letting agent. Ask for details of his offer for once you are married. They are quite good at breaking it all down. Thank you for the information you have provided. This is a small weight off my mind, we have been unable to locate anywhere online about a living allowance. Can you tell me anymore information regarding this? Does it make a big difference in making the rent more affordable as I am shocked with the rental prices for an apartment compared to our mortgage in the UK! Also the places you have recommended, are they close to the staff accommodation to get the free transport? Thank you once again ladies! xx
Latest post on 17 May 2015 - 19:37
My husband also works at EY. Most of us live in Al Reef, Al Raha Beach and the KCA area. Staff housing is almost impossible to get and EY didn't renew one of their major housing locations so most people are having to find their own accomodation. Yes, rent is paid in advance. EY will give you a housing allowance and pay the rent from that. If you rent under your allowance, they will give those funds to you in your monthly pay. If you go above the allowance (which a lot of people do), you have to have those additional funds at the time EY pays the rent to give to the letting agent. Ask for details of his offer for once you are married. They are quite good at breaking it all down. I'm really surprised - I expected them to have people on hand to help. I think we've been quite lucky with the amount of support DH has had - he's been taken pretty much everywhere he's needed to go. So if you're over your housing allowance, you have to pay the rest up front? Wow!
Latest post on 17 May 2015 - 11:01
My husband also works at EY. Most of us live in Al Reef, Al Raha Beach and the KCA area. Staff housing is almost impossible to get and EY didn't renew one of their major housing locations so most people are having to find their own accomodation. Yes, rent is paid in advance. EY will give you a housing allowance and pay the rent from that. If you rent under your allowance, they will give those funds to you in your monthly pay. If you go above the allowance (which a lot of people do), you have to have those additional funds at the time EY pays the rent to give to the letting agent. Ask for details of his offer for once you are married. They are quite good at breaking it all down.
Latest post on 16 May 2015 - 07:57
Thank you for your replies. He would be working as an inflight chef, if he went out on his own everything would be paid for by them! But obviously we want to do this together, we are unsure at the moment of if they provide an allowance? This is something that will need to be confirmed before he signs on the dotted line. Is it true that rent has to be paid in 6/12 months at a time? Katie xx Unfortunately it is true. We are 5 years in the UAE and we always had to pay for twelve months in advance. There may be places that you can have more payments per year, but it is not the norm.
Latest post on 15 May 2015 - 23:55
Thank you for your replies. He would be working as an inflight chef, if he went out on his own everything would be paid for by them! But obviously we want to do this together, we are unsure at the moment of if they provide an allowance? This is something that will need to be confirmed before he signs on the dotted line. Is it true that rent has to be paid in 6/12 months at a time? Katie xx
Latest post on 15 May 2015 - 19:38
Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage! My husband moved to a small company earlier in the year and they have been brilliant with support to get us settled. I'm sure Etihad will have procedures in place to do the same. Have they said whether they provide accommodation, or if there's an allowance, in which case you need to think whether you want to be on a compound or not, and if you prefer a villa or an apartment. You might feel you want to add to it to get somewhere bigger/where you want, or you might have other priorities. We're really looking forward to it - my husband is keeping a weekly blog, which is hilarious, and also means he can sort all the problems before we arrive in August :cool:
Latest post on 15 May 2015 - 19:19
look at al reem Www.justrentals.com Property finder.ae Won't your partner get accommodation being a pilot?