Mother sponsoring daughter for AD visa? | ExpatWoman.com

Mother sponsoring daughter for AD visa?

Latest post on 18 May 2017 - 17:27

Hi all - I am initiating negotiations for a work contract in Abu Dhabi and I've been looking at some issues mothers have had sponsoring their children. I fulfill all of the basic requirements (salary; company provides housing + schooling costs + healthcare for both + other benefits; sole custody and required documents, etc) but recently it has come to my attention that, whereas in Dubai I would have no problem sponsoring my daughter, in Abu Dhabi I would necessarily need to be in engineering, education or medicine.

I work in tech. I am hoping someone can help me out here: a) is this true? b) if so, how rigid is this guideline and are they open to considering specific cases? c) wouldn't the company, whose HQ are in AD, know this - and if they do know this, is it an indication that there may be a workaround?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Latest post on 20 May 2017 - 16:21
In Abu Dhabi it is very difficult. I know of a friend's colleague who is a doctor and they rejected her request to sponsor her child because the child's father is in the UAE, despite the fact that female doctors should be allowed to. Then I know of a divorced lady (not in the category you've mentioned) who sponsors her daughter. But she has such a hard time renewing the visa every year and has to get an approval each time. So my conclusion is that there is no fixed rule. Best thing is to ask the company's PR to go to the immigration department and inquire about your specific case.