Infiniti Event Dubai
recent threads recent posts Search posts faq
Home » Dubai & Northern Emirates » Can US Green Card holders get visa on arrival at Dubai/Abu Dhabi airports?
Pages: 1

bardophile
Posts 141

18/03/2011 12:48:45
Sorry for this really late response. The green card does not make any difference to the visa process for visiting the UAE. Just went through it with my mother. That said, the process itself is straightforward.

fatmuch
Posts 294

05/02/2011 20:29:31
Thanks for your replies.

Her current passport isn't on the list of visa on arrival countries so I guess we will arrange the visa for her beforehand. The Etihad website is useless as far as visa information is concerned as their subcontracted visa service providers/agents (ttuaevisas.com) have no relevant information listed when you click any of the links!

I was hoping the Green Card would make a difference as it does when travelling to other countries but I guess not.

Izzy99
Posts 9181

05/02/2011 18:52:52
What passport does she hold?

05/02/2011 18:47:37
It is all down to the passport you hold and not your residence status in other countries ( the only exception being ceratin categories holding GCC residence visas).

If their passport is not one of those listed below then they cannot get a visa on arrival.

Appletiser
Posts 7406

05/02/2011 15:53:07
Tell her to call Etihad office in Chicago. They would know. As i understand a green card holder is technically already an American but doesnt have the passport yet. Maybe she just needs to bring some papers along.

Sanddy_Dogg
Posts 9435

05/02/2011 13:50:56
It depends on the passport she holds. If she's on the list on visa-on-arrival countries then yes; if not, then no.

Taken from the (London) UAE Embassy:

Passport holders of the countries listed below do not require a prior visa in order to enter the United Arab Emirates for business or tourist visits lasting 30 days. These passport holders will receive a one-month non-renewable visa on arrival.

Europe: France , Italy , Germany , the Netherlands , Belgium , Luxembourg , Switzerland , Austria , Sweden , Norway , Denmark , Portugal , Ireland, Greece, Finland , Malta , Spain , Monaco , Vatican , Iceland , Andorra , San Marino , Liechtenstein.

Other Countries: United States of America, Australia , New Zealand , Japan , Brunei , Singapore , Malaysia and Hong Kong .
If you do NOT fall into one of the above categories, you will require a visa and a sponsor for your visit. Please contact the Consulate Section for more information.

fatmuch
Posts 294

05/02/2011 13:16:25
No one?

fatmuch
Posts 294

05/02/2011 12:48:37
Hi

My sister is planning to visit and will be travelling on Etihad from Chicago. Does anyone know if US Green Card holders (but not US passport holders) can get the UAE visit visa on arrival at the airport?

Thanks

Pages: 1

Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.