Infiniti Event Dubai
recent threads recent posts Search posts faq rules
Home » Dubai & Northern Emirates » chemotherapy in dubai
Pages: 1

Kelly_C
Posts 820

27/03/2011 12:41:16
I was treated here for Hodgkins Lymphoma, diagnosed Sept 05. At the time, American Hospital had the only Oncology unit in Dubai although i believe this is no longer the case. Had my chemo there, and following radiotherapy at Tawam in Al Ain. The care here at AH was fantastic, and i had the support system there that i believe helped me make it through. My AMAZING doctor has now moved to head up the Gulf International Cancer Centre in Abu Dhabi. Its online, look it up. Dr Rizk treated me (At American before he moved) but i get my checkups with him at GICC. Cant say enough about his general greatness :-)

rhubarb
Posts 2515

27/03/2011 12:29:58
Just seen your message, thanks morning cat, will email you now. thanks ladies, appreciate your responses and words of encouragement. x

MorningCat
Posts 305

26/03/2011 12:43:47
Hi Rhubarb,

Just received more details from the person I know. If you want more information, you can e-mail me at . please let me know when you have noted down my address so I can remove it. thanks x

Edited to remove email address
edited by MorningCat on 27/03/2011

MorningCat
Posts 305

25/03/2011 21:19:01
Hi Rhubarb,

I know someone who has had extensive chemotherapy (and later radiation) here in Dubai over the past year. I know he did the chemo first at City Hospital and the last few sessions at Welcare (both hospitals are under the same management, and I believe the doctor he saw was working more days out of Welcare hence the switch).

If you need more details, let me know and I can ask for you. My best wishes for your husband and you during this time.

Cyclone T
Posts 4494

25/03/2011 19:08:00
rhubarb she said he saw Dr. Salim Chaib Rassou of The American Hospital.

I also noticed the latest press for the Cancer Care Centre showed a new doctor, Dr. Maroun El Khoury being appointed.

http://www.ameinfo.com/255973.html

He is US educated and if you google him there is a bit of info on his US work.

x

rhubarb
Posts 2515

25/03/2011 19:05:55
thanks so much CT, appreciate your response and your kind words. i have looked at the american's website but can't seem to find any specifics so would welcome any info from your friend.

Cyclone T
Posts 4494

25/03/2011 18:53:39
A colleagues husband underwent chemo at The American Hospital in their Cancer Care Centre:

http://www.ahdubai.com/coex/cancercare.aspx

She spoke very highly of both his treatment and care. I have sent her an email asking which oncologist he used and will let you know when I hear back.

All the very best and please reach out if you need support anytime.

HTH x

rhubarb
Posts 2515

25/03/2011 18:25:19
hi all, i hope somebody can help me with this one. my husband has to start a course of chemo therapy here in dubai - and i'm just wondering whether anyone has any experience with this? we can't seem to find out anything with regards a recommended oncologist (his original treatment was all overseas) so i am really looking for some advice/guidance/opinions from anyone else who has had any involvement here. i know that Tawaam is the cancer hospital, but i cant' get much info from them.
really appreciate anyone who takes the time to reply
thanks all

Pages: 1

Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.