GEMS Education Dubai
recent threads recent posts Search posts faq rules
Home » Dubai & Northern Emirates » Unmarried tourists visitng Dubai - what's the likelihood of problems reserving a hotel?
Pages: 1

manufan
Posts 1073

02/08/2011 00:03:08
TBH I think all these potential problems are over exaggerated and in reality if you come here on holiday, behave yourself, put a bit of money into the economy you are welcome. As previous posters have said, if you draw attention to yourself you may get into trouble but it's rare.

Twinnie
Posts 215

01/08/2011 17:54:15
Thanks very much. I'll pass on the info to my friend to pass on to her BIL.

fairycakeyumm
Posts 2858

01/08/2011 17:24:07
The kids are travelling with their father ...they won't ask who the mother is or if he has permission. Lots of families that travel have different surnames I did I never got questioned. Unless there's a stop on the passports or his kidnapping them there won't be a problem. Also unless he or her gets inn trouble with the police whilst here there won't be any problems.imagine if every hotel asked for marriage certificates I think most of them would lose alot of business lol

shamat
Posts 1523

01/08/2011 16:45:24
Hang on, I think there's a need for a bit more caution on this. The children aren't hers, they are his. I'm not sure what will be required in terms of proof that the birth mother is aware that the children are with their father, particularly if all the passports have different surnames. I think this needs a bit more investigation.

GirlAnachronism
Posts 1422

01/08/2011 16:32:57
The only time they could have a problem is if something goes wrong - someone falls ill or is in an accident for e.g. In reality, very unlikely, but if they don't have a specific reason for visiting (i.e. visiting a relative) why not go for a non-ME country for a holiday?

I do wonder sometimes - with all the beautiful places in the world to spend a vacation, why some people choose to come to the ME even with the (albeit unlikely) risks associated if they're not married.

kelly1814
Posts 3832

01/08/2011 15:46:29
i'm a big fan of checking into any hotel i can with my other half, not married, never ever been questioned or had one single problem.

Hedley
Posts 23

01/08/2011 15:35:08
When we came across it was no problem, we just behaved ourselves

Purple
Posts 3159

01/08/2011 15:34:48
Polish passport holders do not get a visa at the border so the girlfriend must arrange a visa prior to coming, I think the hotel can sponsor her as a tourist

pollydxb
Posts 1424

01/08/2011 15:31:23
They should have no problems - many non married people with kids come over, including celebs and have no problems, living here with that situation is a different matter. So long as they behave thenselves all should be fine!

Twinnie
Posts 215

01/08/2011 15:15:30
A friend of mine in London is asking the question and I'm not sure what to tell her as I lived in Doha and not Dubai.

Scenario: her divorced BIL wants to visit Dubai next year with his kids and Polish girlfriend (not sure if her nationality is an issue for visas or not).

Will they be able to book a joint room or will they need to make separate reservations? Will they be able to book in together? What is the likelihood of them being denied a ro0m or getting in to trouble?

TIA

Pages: 1

Abu Dhabi Dubai Bahrain Kuwait Oman Qatar Saudi Arabia Azerbaijan Singapore Hong Kong Vietnam Site Map

© 2001 - , ExpatWoman.com. All Rights Reserved.