Latest post at
I have a son at JPS.
I have no great issues with the school except
1. the dreadful uniform - the tie and white shirt are doing my head in. DS hates wearing the tie and my laundry skills aren't up to a white shirt! (okay that was the petty dislike)...
2. it's got fairly large classes (27 kids from year 1), which in itself isn't bad but it means you have a higher chance of a couple of naughty kids which DS's class has ended up with. On the plus there is a teacher aid in each class until end year 2.
3. the school is HUGE. 7 classes per year group. It means that for sports teams etc, my less than amazing athletic DS has little chance of being on school teams. It also seems to be able to get lost in the system a bit.
On the plus.
1. it's academic standards are high, which suits my DS as he is bright and fairly nerdy.
2. they do lots of school things like theatre, after school activities, excursions, etc. etc.
3. the teacher quality is high, although like every school you will ever go to anywhere in the world there will be amazing ones and some that you think less of.
We didn't get any choice in schooling due to when we arrived in Dubai. We were lucky that JPS just happened to have a spot at the right time that we got here. and TBH is wasn't on my original list of schools. My personal preference would have been a smaller, more community feel school. but that's just me.