Plants for internal courtyard | ExpatWoman.com

Plants for internal courtyard

Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 09:39
What about some vines up the walls to add colour? If you want a feature tree go for something that doesn't drop all the time or go for some desert plants in varrying shades, low maintance and water. Try and work out which way the sun rises and sets and time of the sun hitting the area and how long for. Am sun the plants will need to be quite tough where as pm sun you can go for a more sensitive plant like one of the more sensitive unusual palms, bananas, Bird of paradise.
Latest post on 30 January 2011 - 07:16
We are moving to a villa with an internal courtyard. The courtyard is quite large and I am hoping to put a dining table and chairs out there. Ideally I would like to grow some tallish plants, to soften the look of the walls. maybe in time to go on wires or similar over the top. Fortunatly the space has water and electric. Anyway my question is what would be the best type of plants to grow, ie tall and flat. tia. ETA forgot to say it is open to the sky but doesnt get much direct sun. <em>edited by BNBH on 30/01/2011</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY