Single female sponsoring maid??? | ExpatWoman.com

Single female sponsoring maid???

Latest post on 28 July 2011 - 09:43

This has probably been asked before but I can't find another post that gives me enough info. I currently have an agency maid that cleans for me 2 days per week - I've had her for 2 years. She's now having a really hard time at her accommodation, being really unfairly treated by her colleagues and by management. She has asked to leave when her visa runs out in January. In January she has asked me to 'help her' get a new visa - I'm not really sure how I can do this as I don't think I can sponsor myself as I'm single and living on my own... People might say I'm too soft but this woman has been a diamond over the past 2 years and I really don't think she's trying to take advantage, just doesn't know who else to ask. Any advice would be much appreciated! TIA

Latest post on 17 April 2016 - 16:58
I know this is an old topic, but does anyone know if there are any changes to the rules? Can a single woman-no children- sponsor a maid? TIA Hi I'm wondering if you were successful in sponsoring a maid on your own? I am separated with 2 children living with me, but the children are sponsored by their father. I'm not sure if I can sponsor a maid myself. I have a full time job with salary above the range required. Also tenancy lease under my name. Ive heard conflicting stories that I can and can't sponsor a maid. Please let me know if you found out anything about the rules. thanks
Latest post on 29 April 2015 - 18:52
Hi Sue, Yes, I know it is illegal to share. I have someone coming from an agency now. But a situation back home will force me to travel more than I normally do and I have a number of pets.. Kennels/cattery will be a lot more stressful for all of us plus the expense.. we will be better of having someone permanent. I am well aware of the dramas it can involve though... Do you know what I have to provide apart from salary certificate and tenancy contract?
Latest post on 29 April 2015 - 12:05
provided your salary is high enough and she works only for you. It is illegal to have her work for anyone else.
Latest post on 29 April 2015 - 10:13
I know this is an old topic, but does anyone know if there are any changes to the rules? Can a single woman-no children- sponsor a maid? TIA
Latest post on 28 July 2011 - 13:49
It is possible for female to sponsor a maid. I've done mine last month as my visa is sponsored by the company (my husband is working in Oman and he doesn't have Dubai visa). But you need to show your tenancy contract with at least two bedrooms (attested by Land Department in Deira - you need to get your LL's passport copy and title deed). The minimum monthly salary to sponsor a maid is AED 6K. In the immigration, they did ask a lot of question, i.e why do you need the maid? why the husband is not the main sponsor? etc. Good luck!
Latest post on 28 July 2011 - 12:38
I thought that you had to have a certain type of job/visa to be able to sponsor - or does it just go on salary? Also if I sponsor does she have to live with me or can she live out?
Latest post on 28 July 2011 - 10:37
It can be done - as long as you take the required paperwork (not sure about all the docs but you would need your passport and visa copies, letter from your employer, salary letter, and tenancy contract at the least I would assume) and your salary is above the minimum cut-off (sorry I do not know what that is for sponsoring a maid), you are allowed to do it. In fact, it is married women who are given a hard time to sponsor maids as they are told that their husbands should be the ones doing all the sponsoring :\: or the single men
Latest post on 28 July 2011 - 10:24
It can be done - as long as you take the required paperwork (not sure about all the docs but you would need your passport and visa copies, letter from your employer, salary letter, and tenancy contract at the least I would assume) and your salary is above the minimum cut-off (sorry I do not know what that is for sponsoring a maid), you are allowed to do it. In fact, it is married women who are given a hard time to sponsor maids as they are told that their husbands should be the ones doing all the sponsoring :\:
Latest post on 28 July 2011 - 09:49
I am not too sure but it is quite possible for you to sponsor this lady. There are a few single working mothers with kids in Dubai. Obviously they will need at least a living maid or nanny.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY