Looking for a full time nanny/maid... once again. | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for a full time nanny/maid... once again.

Latest post on 25 September 2012 - 08:42

I have been looking for a maid for about a month. I have interviewed several and finally found a suitable woman last week. We were supposed to go yesterday to start the sponsorship process and now she won't return my calls! I really liked her, got a great reference for her and was pretty excited that I finally found someone. She seems to have disappeared! She was on a cancelled visa that was due to expire tomorrow. I am assuming she must have gotten another position and is scared to tell me??? So frustrated! I am supposed to start work next week and now I am back at square one :(
Please, if anyone knows of a good nanny/maid PLEASE let me know!!! TIA

Latest post on 25 September 2012 - 10:27
I can't help CABear but I just wanted to say good luck. When I was last employing a maid I hired three ladies that never turning up on the starting day. One of them I managed to get hold of by calling on a different number and she told me she'd decided to take another job. When I told her that it would have been nice if she'd told me she seemed puzzled! Another one called a few weeks after her no show to say she'd taken another job but didn't like it and would be at my house to start the following day. Er, no!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY