Fly movers, packandmove, and On the Move...any feedback? | ExpatWoman.com

Fly movers, packandmove, and On the Move...any feedback?

Latest post on 15 January 2013 - 09:10

Hi ladies, I have gotten an email quote from Fly Movers (800 dhs for a 1 bedroom flat). Pack & Move will be here in an hour to do a walk thru, as well as On the Move after that. Really surprised that I was able to get these quotes set up; only started calling yesterday morning.
So here is my query: Do any of the EW ladies have some feedback as in
"They broke stuff, they were careless, or DO NOT USE!" ??
We don't have a lot of stuff, and we are moving a short distance. In the event we receive similar priced quotes, I wondered if there was negative feedback which would help me narrow it down. TIA!

Latest post on 20 August 2014 - 17:16
We're closing this thread now as it just keeps getting more spam advertising- which we've removed. Hope you've got the answers you need. EW Admin
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 14:59
I won't be bothering with Fly movers as the only positive feedback they have seem to be written by newbies with no/barely any other posts. I rather trust feedback written by people with genuine experience.
Latest post on 18 August 2014 - 14:30
I hate to be the shill police, but I am so terribly tired of Fly movers using this marketing strategy. If you really believe in the power of advertising on this website, just PAY! ETA: I also was disenchanted by the relentless requests on LinkedIn to "connect" edited by Beebers on 18/08/2014 ETA: Edited again to add LOL, I already mentioned my experience with their disassembly/reassembly below. no need to repeat! <em>edited by Beebers on 18/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 12:37
I am new to EW in terms of forums. Just want to say.. You all are WOW.... EW definitely helps in each and everything!!!
Latest post on 11 August 2014 - 12:32
after reading so many -ve comments about Fly movers.. i doubt using them for any major moves. I believe paying a little extra at times is much much better than such hassles later like missing items/delayed work... i would recommend Man with the van strongly on this.. www.manwiththevan.co
Latest post on 10 August 2014 - 18:37
I have used Fly Movers several times and I always recommend them to all my friends. They are friendly, always have the best price and they look after my belongings. They will collect items for you and bring them right to your door and also assist with setting up. They also do whole flat moves.
Latest post on 01 September 2013 - 12:47
Just wanted to give my review - used Fly Movers for the first time on Friday. They offered me the cheapest price out of everyone I called (AED 700) and they were super quick! I had everything packed, moved out, moved in by 3pm (they arrived at 9am). They even connected my washer/dryer and dishwasher for me. I will definitely use them again.
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 12:58
have also used Fly Movers several times - they were unbeatable in price, super flexible and friendly. have used them for full house moving as well as just single items (bed, table, etc)
Latest post on 14 August 2013 - 12:36
We have use Flymovers twice now and found that they did a good job and that they gave the cheapest quote out of all the companies that we enquired of. Some of my friends have also used Flymovers and found they did a reasonable job for a very competitive price. Moving on the whole is very stressful and no company is going to be able to unpack things and put them away in the exact places that you want them, unless they have direction from you, but Flymovers got all our stuff from A to B unbroken and reassembled and that's all we expected.
Latest post on 19 May 2013 - 17:25
I used relogulf and they had to pack up alot of valuable bits and bobs I have collected over the years.. all arrive and nothing broken. They also dismantled my bed and cupboard.
Latest post on 11 May 2013 - 22:09
PacknMove hands down best experience! Walk through very professional and helpful. Packing was done extremely well and super fast. They packed a lot , and I mean a lot of stuff packed into a 2-bed in about 2 hours. They moved everything successfully without breaking a thing. Also, we knew there was an issue with the couch fitting in the elevator - took The One 2 teams and a few hours to fit it - took PacknMove 5minutes. They got the right angle right away, experience trumped any savings in my opinion. They proceeded to take the same sofa up 30 stories of stairs in our new apartment without a scratch. It was the most complex move these guys were experience to do And had the right attitude to work with us so it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Review: 5 stars edited by Foodfan on 11/05/2013 <em>edited by Foodfan on 11/05/2013</em>
Latest post on 08 May 2013 - 12:30
oh yes ..forgot to add, my cabinet and dh precious crystal glasses from japan were broken too. dh was seriously unhappy
Latest post on 08 May 2013 - 08:35
Deleted <em>edited by Arch on 14/08/2013</em>
Latest post on 08 May 2013 - 05:46
i have used flymovers - they were 45 min late and took in all 10 hours to pack and unpack..that too they managed to unpack only 4 boxes with my maid's assistant ..i will never use them again and am still fuming !!!! edited by divalicious7 on 06/05/2013 We ended up dismissing them. They really ran out of steam and I worried they would be in my home until midnight at the rate they were going, and we had dinner to get to. The owner seems really nice, professional, and was excellent with turnaround time for my inquiry and booking, but I don't think his current staff is up to his personal service level. Plus, drawing on my furniture with a permanent marker and my expensive kitchen shears disappearing really p'd me off. Especially because my DH saw them using them to cut some tape ?! I don't doubt some people have had great experiences with them...but the cr@p shoot in reviews is worrying.
Latest post on 06 May 2013 - 18:20
i have used flymovers - they were 45 min late and took in all 10 hours to pack and unpack..that too they managed to unpack only 4 boxes with my maid's assistant ..i will never use them again and am still fuming !!!! <em>edited by divalicious7 on 06/05/2013</em>
Latest post on 06 May 2013 - 17:47
Even I have not heard about this Fly movers....though there are many names to add to the list Move one, pack and move, Emovers, Euro movers , Writer..... Sorry don't know about Fly movers or On the move...Have always used Allied Pickfords and they really are the best. Always on time, really sharp crew, even the office staff is really helpful. haven't used locally though, I know them to be number 1 for international, not sure for local moves. their number is 04408955 just in case. Good luck! Moving is always a bit painful, hope yours goes well! :) <em>edited by snm0412 on 06/05/2013</em>
Latest post on 05 May 2013 - 08:38
Sorry don't know about Fly movers or On the move...Have always used Allied Pickfords and they really are the best. Always on time, really sharp crew, even the office staff is really helpful. haven't used locally though, I know them to be number 1 for international, not sure for local moves. their number is 04408955 just in case. Good luck! Moving is always a bit painful, hope yours goes well! :)
Latest post on 04 May 2013 - 14:47
My pal is moving and wants a company to move her any ideas? I wouldn't use on the move again any suggestions pls I was very happy with fly movers and would use them again, though hoping not to have to move for a while!
Latest post on 03 May 2013 - 20:15
My pal is moving and wants a company to move her any ideas? I wouldn't use on the move again any suggestions pls
Latest post on 01 May 2013 - 20:19
I used On the move even though they were far more expensive I thought they would be professional as from the Uk never again, over priced and not great...
Latest post on 01 May 2013 - 12:00
Thanks Beebers! You've helped a lot in my decision! 1 down - 2 to go ;)
Latest post on 01 May 2013 - 11:57
Beebers - I'm curious how your move with Fly Movers went? Did they do a good job? Did they break anything? Hi, I'll try and summarize my issues with them. They were 30-40 minutes late, but this was also when the new roundabouts went up in the marina. I don't think they expected the traffic, because they called me to confirm 30 mins before the appointment, and called again when they were going to be late. They packed the stuff well, we had nothing break. I wasn't really happy with having to send dress shirts out to be re-pressed or dry cleaned again. Why they would stuff my dress shirts at the bottom of a box with sweaters and handbags on top--I'll never know. I had given basic directions with our bedroom things but certain logic escaped. I didn't let them unpack my kitchen items because I wanted to wash things, and organize everything myself. When I saw the way they packed my kitchen stuff, I was a little irked--a wonder some things were not broken. My poultry shears disappeared in the move :( My husband saw them using them to cut a box or something and we never saw them again. More than any of the little things, which escape me at the moment, I was ultra ticked about a desk. Ok, it is from IKEA and was inexpensive. But. Not only did 2 guys mess with it for what I think was an hour and a half trying to reassemble it, they had actually marked where the shelves were inserted with permanent marker, I *guess* so they would know where to put the shelves back. It is totally obvious, and I can't believe the I didn't notice until a week after the move. (I had told them to just give up on the darned thing and I would put it together myself, later). Other than that, I guess you could say things were fine. If you ever plan to use them, make sure to tell them which clothes you don't want stuffed in a box. 800 dhs shirts that are hanging will be treated the same way as 10 year old socks. Tell them not to draw with permanent marker on anything which will be reassembled. And not to bogart your expensive poultry shears to be used as scissors and then ganked or tossed :(
Latest post on 01 May 2013 - 11:26
Beebers - I'm curious how your move with Fly Movers went? Did they do a good job? Did they break anything?
Latest post on 16 January 2013 - 08:33
Oh, and an hour after the walk thru, Pack and Move asked if we made a decision. My husband told him we were going with another company. They asked why. He said the price had something to do with it, but also our preferred move date. Then they proceeded to tell my husband they could move us any day we wished and tried to negotiate price. Too late! He should have indicated so on the walk through!
Latest post on 16 January 2013 - 08:31
[b'>Hi, please tell me how did the move go and are they good? Because i will be moving in August and would like to know more about other companies the company I am using is called Xtreme movers they are excellent but would want more quotation but from PROFESSIONAL companies. Gonna be waiting for your replay [/b'> Hi Rose :) I started calling places Monday am for a move this weekend. Late, I know. :/ We wanted Friday but were willing to go with Sat, being short notice, and all. [u'>On the Move[/u'> returned my email request quickly, got someone out to do a walk thru within 24 hours, and was very professional on the phone. They quoted us 1490 for a Saturday move (won't take tv off wall and mount in new place but know a guy who will for 200 dhs). [u'>Pack and Move[/u'> will do the tv, and they were also quick to respond to my query and send a guy out for a walk thru. Not to split hairs, but he was quite late with no call or text to indicate. He quoted 1500 for Sunday and said Saturday would be more expensive. I had emailed Fly movers Monday a.m., and they called back Monday night. Described my flat over the phone; no walk thru was required. He quoted me 800 and emailed me the quote as well. I called Hassan back to ask about the days available this weekend and if they do the tv as well. He said no problem, just 50 dhs extra for the tv. He also agreed to move us Friday which is super! He used to work with or for IKEA and has a lot of experience with dismantling furniture and tv's so that made me feel comfortable. I will report how it goes. I just can't believe FLY charges half of what the others do. They all do the packing and boxing for you. We have an 850 sq foot flat with only basic furniture. King size bed set with dresser, couch, work desk, and dining room table. Our clothing could collectively fit in 4 suitcases, and we have no white goods. only a kettle and rice steamer for small appliances, and 4 place settings as far as dishes. To add, we are moving a block away. The price couldn't be beat, and Kelly's reviews of FLY movers made me feel confident. I will report back to let you know how it turns out. x
Latest post on 15 January 2013 - 22:42
I used Almarzeq Movers 050-5180866 last month to move my villa with in Dubai.They done a wonderfull job.I can`t find any damges or scratches at all and they help me to fix my washer and cooking range.One more thing i noticed was their punctual timing. I would love to recommend them.
Latest post on 15 January 2013 - 21:55
Hi, please tell me how did the move go and are they good? Because i will be moving in August and would like to know more about other companies the company I am using is called Xtreme movers they are excellent but would want more quotation but from PROFESSIONAL companies. Gonna be waiting for your replay
Latest post on 15 January 2013 - 11:51
That sounds like a really nice idea, too :) Well I just confirmed with Fly...850 for the job and this includes mounting the flat screen in the new apartment. The other companies both quoted 1500. O, and we can move on Friday instead of Sat or Sun. Good stuff all around, so happy to tick this off the list! x
Latest post on 15 January 2013 - 11:07
@ Kelly, you actually answered my next question...how much do most people tip for good service! work colleague also went to subway and ordered 10 sandwiches (this is approx how many men turn up to help pack and move) and they all had lunch afterwards :)
Latest post on 15 January 2013 - 10:52
@ Kelly, you actually answered my next question...how much do most people tip for good service!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY