Gallstones - any experience? | ExpatWoman.com

Gallstones - any experience?

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 23:09
My aunt had this done in April, it was keyhole surgery, 3 incisions made, and she was only telling me the weekend, its the best thing she has ever done. The stones themselves came out through the tube.
Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 13:00
Hello jwdaylilly, I developed gallstones during pregnancy. and as the doc suggest Gallbladder removal is the only option.. but i want to save my gall bladder. Does the flush actually work?? do u have any links that you can share with me regarding the flush plans? I have read in many places that it doesnt work
Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 21:45
I am a Registered Nurse (who really isn't into alternative treatment), but I started having terrible Gall Bladder spasms last October. They did an Ultrasound and found "sludge" in my gall bladder and discussed elective removal of my gall bladder. I was averaging about 3 attacks a week with constant general pain. I recommend a gall bladder cleanse. I took 2 days off work did it. It was WELL worth it. It had apple juice, olive oil and lemon juice, check it out online. Hopefully you have the same luck I did! Why would you drag up an old thread to post this? http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gallstones/expert-answers/gallbladder-cleanse/faq-20058134 <em>edited by Lolacat on 23/08/2014</em>
Latest post on 23 August 2014 - 21:16
I am a Registered Nurse (who really isn't into alternative treatment), but I started having terrible Gall Bladder spasms last October. They did an Ultrasound and found "sludge" in my gall bladder and discussed elective removal of my gall bladder. I was averaging about 3 attacks a week with constant general pain. I recommend a gall bladder cleanse. I took 2 days off work did it. It was WELL worth it. It had apple juice, olive oil and lemon juice, check it out online. Hopefully you have the same luck I did!
Latest post on 18 March 2013 - 13:45
"The Amazing Liver & Gallbladder Flush" by Dr Andreas Moritz. It is a really worthwhile read and helps flush out stones before they become a real problem. Not the easiest of flushes but is fantastic. I try to do it twice a year and it helped my health issues. However, there are versions on the internet and I would urge you to be wary of those.
Latest post on 14 March 2013 - 07:43
I had gallstones, but my symptoms were not limited to pain--the pain was tolerable. The problems were every time I would eat ANYthing, I would bloat badly. It was like I couldn't digest anything without gastrointestinal upset, heartburn, acid reflux, et al. My liver enzymes were so high, almost 300. 0-45 is normal. (gall stones + another issue caused the high enzymes) and I had bridging fibrosis. Because I had essentially a fatty, scarred liver, my doctor ordered immediate removal of my gall bladder because the stones were adding too much stress for my already damaged liver to handle. Any natural treatment pursuit as a primary course of action would have taken time I didn't have to spare. So I underwent removal through the navel. (3.5 yrs ago) I was happy I would not have any visible scars, but I was the 11th person the surgeon had operated on this way, can't say I was not worried :/ I had issues afterward that were almost as bad as the symptoms prior to removal. Running to the bathroom nearly right after eating. Or not being able to go at all. (Sorry, but these are very common side effects of surgery and should be addressed). I wondered, after 3 months, to what end? Is this improvement?? I also had issues with the site of removal, the wound would not heal. Had another surgery to fix the suture they had left behind that my body was rejecting. Once that was fixed, I had some relief, but not entirely. There were some things I could not eat and still cannot eat to this day. Egg yolks posed a major problem back then. Usually it is high fat items, especially fried food. So, good riddance lol. You can still digest fats but it is different. The gall bladder concentrates bile and then it is released during digestion. without the GB, the liver still produces bile but it is not as concentrated, and as fats take longer to digest than carbs or protein, they are best kept reasonable low in the diet of someone without a GB. I find that fats from fruits (avocado, olive oil) are much easier for me to deal with, whereas nuts and nut butters and oils are not dealt with quite as well. Another weird phenomenon that I couldn't really find any facts about was that after a glass of grape, I would be loopy like it was the first one I ever had. I am still this way to this day, a lightweight. Fine with me, again, not a bad thing. Everyone's reaction post-removal will be different. I can think of 10 of my friends off the top of my head that have also had their removed. Some people have had to make zero dietary changes. Some said they gained a ton of weight and attribute that to GB removal. Some have only a few things they cannot eat. For me, I found the best thing to do, to determine what I could and could not eat was to do a vegan diet, and slowly add things in one at a time to see how I reacted. It was no picnic drinking brown rice protein, eating gluten free oats, and juicing (hey, I was a carnivore, really) but it sure beat the alternative which was like playing russian roulette with my guts. I also took digestive enzymes geared at digesting fats, and probiotics which I still take to this day. Some people even take lecithin granules with meals which contain fat, and it helps to emulsify fats for easier digestion. Hope this rant of mine helps shed some light. In truth, everyone will react differently. Sorry I have no homeopathic advice to offer, because it wasn't an option for me. I am happy without my GB but also mindful of a few things that I have had to change.
Latest post on 13 March 2013 - 16:32
I never suffered, but one night woke in such agony I thought I was having a heart attack... Then the green vomit started... My poor dh was terrified.... Rang an ambulance and got whizzed in. No stones but gb badly diseased, so spent 3 days waiting for it to reduce then they whipped it out with keyhole. My stomach can be quite sensitive in terms of all of a sudden if I need to go I REALLY need to go... if you know what I mean. But I have a strong family history of crohns, and all started with gb removal... If you have them get rid, the pain from the gb is excrutiating... You will appreciate this bit Amy.... The PAF is great as no oil needed much kinder if you are minus the GB!!! Lol.. <em>edited by emlsnre on 13/03/2013</em>
Latest post on 13 March 2013 - 15:59
You need to get them treated! I had gallstones which eventually caused pancreatitis, my liver started to fail, my lung collapsed and ended up in hospital for a month :( I have now had my gallbladder removed with no problems.
Latest post on 13 March 2013 - 15:35
I developed gallstones during pregnancy and had the gallbladder removed by keyhole surgery and they removed 44 tiny stones - not in Dubai though I was only in the hospital for 36 hours (arrived the night before surgery and discharged lunchtime the day after) I have 4 tiny cuts betweens 0,5-1cm (quarter-half an inch) which were used for the instruments and camera There have been no long term side effects of not having a gallbladder - I can eat as normal although some people find that they have difficulty with certain foods (I have a relative who gets indigestion iff she eats green apples after her surgery) Some people are suitable for laser treatments - but only a minority and there can be big risks as sometimes the stone splinters and perforates the gallbladder, causing infection - then emergency surgery using the old "open" method is often needed which is major surgery and leaves a huge scar
Latest post on 13 March 2013 - 15:29
This gives you the bare facts. Sometimes people have sensitivity to certain foods afterwards. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Laparoscopiccholecystectomy/Pages/Introduction.aspx I had mine removed nearly 30 years ago and have had no problems. I can eat anything. I wish they had had keyhole in my day but the pain can be so excruciating you would beg them to take it out anyway! :D
Latest post on 13 March 2013 - 15:21
My sister had hers removed four months ago as it was making her sick. Was done via surgery. She has had no complications and the dark rings under her eyes are gone too.
Latest post on 13 March 2013 - 15:19
dont they just blast with a laser now and you pee them out..... or is this something else?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY