Beautiful Kitty Outside my Office | ExpatWoman.com

Beautiful Kitty Outside my Office

Latest post on 18 March 2014 - 15:06

There is a beautiful kitty just outside my office. She seems quite content and I have noticed that there is always water/food available for her.

I would love to take her home but, I have a 3ish year old male rescue at home that is VERY protective of me and needy. It would make me nervous to introduce another cat to our home as I think it would stress him out.

I noticed today that the little one has a large chunk of her skin missing from her nose - seems like she was in a fight with one of the other cats that is roaming around. On top of that she seems to be struggling to breathe as if she has a cold.

I am happy to scoop her up and take her to the vet (and pay for the treatments) but, I would not be able to take her home after. Is it ok to return her outside or is anyone willing to take the poor thing in while she recovers?

Latest post on 24 March 2014 - 07:36
It's great you want to help out the kitty, also if you are in Sharjah the Sharjah Cat & Dog Shelter will give stray cats medical help free and spay/neuter them! After the cat has been treated she can go back to where she was living, after all she's used to it and, as you said, seems content and has food and water available. As for bringing a new cat home (not necessarily this one), it would take time and patience, but if done properly the two cats will eventually get along. Is your boy neutered? It's easier introducing animals that have been fixed.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY