Strange Maid Situation | ExpatWoman.com

Strange Maid Situation

Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 17:14
A bit tricky since we can hear only one side of the story, though who is the boss? I don't think my boss can entertain such like behaviors, there is more than what u can see or hear........sorry
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 17:05
they get comfortable and start to throw their weight around - I would flat out say if she was having a problem working for you / under your terms you could let her off the hook if she thought she'd get it better elsewhere. That might put her in her place. Why not offer to pay her more for working the Eid days? That might make it more appealing (?) Seriously? This is the year 2014!
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 17:02
The whole things sounds dodgy. How can you sponsor a maid if she is married living out the house? Also, holiday entitlement is every year, if not taken you pay for the flight cost as cash. EID, public holiday so should be accounted for at some point, it's not inclusive of her annual holiday it's additional. like any public holiday. You can either give her another day off, pay her extra or give her the time off. You must record and both sign every decision made for both your protection. All holidays and salary should have been discussed and placed in contract prior to employment start, one can not randomly decide whether you are giving holiday one year and not another! She is entitled to her holiday and it is quite outrageous for her to be told she would have a month of doing nothing, what someone does on their holiday is their business and irrelevant to an employer/employee conversation. Put the shoe on the other foot for a moment. This is why there are laws, rules, regulations and contracts. You deem the job cushy, yet she still works over 8 hours a day. whether you deem it cushy and well paid is completely irrelevant as to her contractual entitlements and the law. As for she teared up, why would you need thoughts from a random group of strangers on a public forum? You were there, you should know your maid and you are a mother, what exactly do you want someone to tell you? <em>edited by Lolacat on 27/07/2014</em>
Latest post on 27 July 2014 - 16:43
they get comfortable and start to throw their weight around - I would flat out say if she was having a problem working for you / under your terms you could let her off the hook if she thought she'd get it better elsewhere. That might put her in her place. Why not offer to pay her more for working the Eid days? That might make it more appealing (?)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY