Has anyone given Birth at City Hospital? | ExpatWoman.com

Has anyone given Birth at City Hospital?

Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 17:09
I thought City was great. The facilities are excellent. The staff are lovely. Your husband can stay overnight with you. The food's really good. They take care of everything- lactation consultant, paediatrician, etc, all come to your private room. The only thing I think people should know is that there is no "nursery" or "baby room" like in some other hospitals. This is because of WHO guidelines. Other hospitals have nurseries and will take your baby from you for a period of a few hours to let you sleep. This is not possible at City so your baby will be with you 24/7. This can be hard if you have a C-section and have to stay 4 nights as you don't get a break from the baby- if you're in your own home one parent can take the baby away to another room so the other can sleep but that isn't possible in a small hospital room! We knew this beforehand so were prepared but apparently quite a few people have gotten very annoyed when they asked the staff to take the baby away to let them rest and were told this was not possible. So they have big signs on the doors of the rooms explaining the policy but probably best to know beforehand!
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 14:04
I have, and it was really wonderful. I didn't get a VIP room lol, but I had a great nursing team. I guess it will depend if you are having a scheduled delivery or come through emergency what exactly to expect. My Dr. Came right away, during the actual labor and delivery I was in the first room. They did all the tests and clean up there. I came early in the morning but by afternoon I was in the second room. The lactation nurse came there and they did the baby's bcg shot there. I don't really know what else to say here... I just stayed there until discharge.all the nurses were really nice and helpful, but as it wasn't my first baby when I told them I didn't need anything they didn't push any further. Everybody I encountered was really professional and caring. One thing I noticed different from my home country was there didn't seem to be any security procedures, but they never even once took the baby from me, the doctors came into the room for everything they needed to do. Discharge was also really easy and fast.
Latest post on 01 September 2014 - 11:35
Has anyone given birth at City Hospital that can Share their experience ? That's the hospital we have in mind for when that time comes and we did the tour already; however, I would like to hear personal experiences of what to expect and the feedback of the ladies here.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY