Breastfeeding support, lactation consultants, support for postnatal depression. | ExpatWoman.com

Breastfeeding support, lactation consultants, support for postnatal depression.

Latest post on 02 September 2014 - 00:14

Ladies this is my very last EW post, so I thought I'd better make it worthwhile. EW has some great resources beyond the forums.

(NB. Admin I so wish you would make this info a sticky in the forum so it could reach as many women as possible!)

Here is a list of breastfeeding support, including health professionals, counsellors, Lactation consultants and online support groups. If you are planning on breastfeeding, having difficulties breastfeeding or just feeling alone and unsupported, take advantage of the network of women out there who are there to help you! Or maybe you'd like to pay it forward and join in to help other struggling mums?

http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_pregnancy_babies_Breastfeeding_S...

If you are pregnant, or have recently given birth and are struggling with depression or anxiety, there are again, women who want to help, Please don't feel like you have to soldier on, or put on a brave face. You and your baby deserve to be savouring your time together!

[i]Post natal illness is a recognised and treatable condition. It can affect any mother, regardless of nationality, and can begin as soon as your baby is born, though is not often diagnosed until later on.

Symptoms of PNI vary from person to person but can include feeling sad, anxious and unable to look forward to anything. Sufferers often feel little or no joy in being a mother, suffer a lack of motivation and experiences extreme tiredness. Some mothers describe having a 'foggy' or 'woolly' head and that they feel quite different to how they did before.

If you think you or someone you know could be suffering with PNI, please ask them to get in touch. Everything is treated as confidential our email, forum and Facebook page are set up so that women can share their thoughts, worries or stories and we will reply within 24 hours, guaranteed. (There is even an emergency mobile number for women who need to talk to a Blue Angel immediately)[/i]

http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_pregnancy_babies_Out_Of_The_Blue...
<em>edited by kiwispiers on 02/09/2014</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY