Found Cat in Sharjah, Arabian Mau with Microchip Ending in 1900 | ExpatWoman.com

Found Cat in Sharjah, Arabian Mau with Microchip Ending in 1900

Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 11:28

Just posting this here in case he was a stolen pet from any emirate besides Sharjah (I live near the Animal Market and know stolen pets are taken there for sale).

I found this Arabian Mau (images below) wandering around near my building in Um Tarafa, Sharjah, on the evening of 16th September, around 5 PM. He is around 2 years old, Arabian Shorthair Mau, neutered, brown patches on white, distinctive brown eye “mask” markings, with an expensive gold collar with a metal fish. His microchip number ends in 1900.

f you think this is your cat or know his family, please let me know! I can't keep him around forever and he will be put up for adoption if I cannot find his family. I have two cats of my own and can't keep a third so I'm desperate to find him a good home. He's a young adult, fully trained, loves to cuddle, and is an overall chill, sweet guy.

http://imgur.com/fQJq6yE
http://imgur.com/TxDKnP2

Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 19:53
Thanks everyone. I have contacted ~40 vets, animal shelters, catteries, and welfare groups over the morning and afternoon, with no luck whatsoever :( AdoptMe does not have his number registered, and the Dubai Municipality are not cooperating with us. I think I will be putting him up for adoption fairly soon, so if anyone thinks they can give him a loving home, please let me know.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 16:04
I would suggest getting hold of Sharjah Cat & Dog Shelter, Adopt-Me-ae (which runs some sort of microchip database) as well as Feline Friends, Bin Kitty as well as the usual Facebook groups for lost/found pets. You might find its just been abandoned over the summer. Adopt-Me should be able to help you with a list of Facebook groups that could help. Thank you for taking it in and trying to find its owner.
Latest post on 17 September 2014 - 14:19
Great kudos to you for taking in this beautiful lost cat and trying to locate his owners. Unfortunately I don't have any information about him, but I wish you the very best of luck in tracking down whomever microchipped him. Have you tried passing his microchip number to some vets in Dubai? Perhaps they might have a record of him or be able to post his details to a larger audience? BinKitty collective might also be a good place to post his details. Here's some numbers: Vienna Vet: 043883827 British Vet : 043380406

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY