moving to dubai | ExpatWoman.com

moving to dubai

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 14:38

Hi, I haven't ever done this before so I apologise if this isn't the right place. I would just like some advice in regards to living in dubai with young children. My partner and I are currently discussing relocating and I would really appreciate any info good or bad regarding bringing up children in dubai. Thanks xx

Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 15:37
Thank you... We are just trying to find as much info as possible about the best places to live, schooling, things to do etc. I have seen so many different opinions while I have been researching and thought the best people to ask would be other mums with young children who already live over there. I am a stay at home mum currently so again another decision is whether I would be working or not... There's so much to consider thank you for your replies x
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 15:26
I really like it here for my children. I have two young boys, one in school and one in nursery. They have friends from different nationalities, and are part of a culture which they wouldn't experience back 'home'. I also feel safer here. Our boys love it here as there is so much to do in terms of activities - yes it gets expensive, and schooling is expensive too, but but there is also lots of things for them to do that costs very little, or nothing. Main concern (personally) is that I would worry about my children getting spoilt. Obviously trying our best as parents to ensure this doesn't happen. Other concern is that it's really difficult to be a working Mum especially if you don't have someone to help you at home.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 20 September 2014 - 14:56
I think the main issue people face here is the cost of schooling. If that is not in the salary package it can take up a large chunk of your income, depending on how many kids you have and if they're in primary, secondary etc. It also depends on what life style you want to have. Also, you mentioned your partner. To be able to live here as a family, you have to be married.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY