Smith & Ken annoying calls and emails | ExpatWoman.com

Smith & Ken annoying calls and emails

Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 19:59
Just out of interest, what's the best way to report a rogue estate agent to RERA? I've tried to email them before and I was directed to a government website which required far too much personal information for my linking.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 16:25
I've joined the club and reported to RERA! Also forwarded their full email contents to RERA.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 11:56
Flames92 you are so right!! Smith and ken were relegated to spam long ago, they were so cocky and rude when we were looking to buy but then uselessly spammed away. As for the cold calls from many agents believe me they end up wishing they had not dialled my number. I have yet to meet a professional estate agent, it is a really tough industry now and the last few years but that does not give them the right to eat a dog, go do something else.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 11:28
Haven't had any emails from Smith and Ken, and we managed to rent a lovely little apartment through them. We found them to be very proactive and the agent totally professional at all times, and went the extra mile in finding us our perfect flat.
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 09:58
So true, so true, Flames92. I'm new to all this forum stuff but honestly, I am starting to think that some people really do single others out and go in for the attack. What's all that about? @xN if S&K worked for you then that's great. x
Latest post on 30 September 2014 - 00:32
I've worked with them for several visits recently, never received such a message for a missed call. Plus, S&K looked one of the most professional real estate agency among dozens that I've met. Thought an e-mail to S&K general mailbox like an info@.... would work? May be they have a good opportunity to share with you;) Sorry, Xn///they are extremely bad and I know people who have worked there too and bad mouth them all over Dubai.... Now I understand all those thumb downs to my reply. I was about to take it personal, then seen all those negative feedbacks about S&K added your comment above on top, now it makes sense.. If the majority says so, I'm just an exception then;) No, it just means that they don't agree with your opinion. Oh just a piece of advice, don't bother to take things personally here. There are some people on the forum who love to tear down others.
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 18:04
I've worked with them for several visits recently, never received such a message for a missed call. Plus, S&K looked one of the most professional real estate agency among dozens that I've met. Thought an e-mail to S&K general mailbox like an info@.... would work? May be they have a good opportunity to share with you;) Sorry, Xn///they are extremely bad and I know people who have worked there too and bad mouth them all over Dubai.... Now I understand all those thumb downs to my reply. I was about to take it personal, then seen all those negative feedbacks about S&K added your comment above on top, now it makes sense.. If the majority says so, I'm just an exception then;)
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 14:12
If you are getting cold calls from ANY agent report them to RERA immediately, it is against the law and the agents know this (the max fine is AED 50,000). They can also be fined if they send emails without the 'opt out' clause in them. It is 'dog eat dog' out there for agents now and they will do anything to get new clients, including selling their own grandmothers. Thank you mollymoomoo, i will give RERA a call
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 13:30
I've worked with them for several visits recently, never received such a message for a missed call. Plus, S&K looked one of the most professional real estate agency among dozens that I've met. Thought an e-mail to S&K general mailbox like an info@.... would work? May be they have a good opportunity to share with you;) Sorry, Xn///they are extremely bad and I know people who have worked there too and bad mouth them all over Dubai....
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 13:26
Is anyone else getting very frequent (once a week average now) 'spam' calls and emails from Smith & Ken claiming you have made and enquiry and that they're following up with it/returning your call about your enquiry/ you were speaking to their colleague and they were following up- they've even made up an 'enquiry number' to which they are referring. I'm wondering if it's really Smith & Ken - all really made up stories from them. Despite telling them multiple times to remove our contact from their database. The last time we spoke to them would've been in 2012!n Yes, I do and I have complained a number of times and they do nothing. They are very rude there and dont care. When we were house hunting last year to buy these two young guys showed up and thought they were gods gift, they were so arrogant and the worst thing was there car was so dusty and in the dust on the back window someone had drawn 'men's private parts' and written really crude things and we had to follow behind them,. I complained to their office manager and she did not seem to care at all. I hear nothing but bad things about this office.
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 11:28
I've worked with them for several visits recently, never received such a message for a missed call. Plus, S&K looked one of the most professional real estate agency among dozens that I've met. Thought an e-mail to S&K general mailbox like an info@.... would work? May be they have a good opportunity to share with you;) They have to be the worst agents EVER. Anyone in doubt please google them. I would just like to add that an agent can not be fined if he/she has previously had contact with you in the past. That is probably why Gloriousmorning S&K are making it clear that they are following/returning your call. edited by MollyMooMoo on 29/09/2014 edited by MollyMooMoo on 29/09/2014 <em>edited by MollyMooMoo on 29/09/2014</em>
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 11:21
If you are getting cold calls from ANY agent report them to RERA immediately, it is against the law and the agents know this (the max fine is AED 50,000). They can also be fined if they send emails without the 'opt out' clause in them. It is 'dog eat dog' out there for agents now and they will do anything to get new clients, including selling their own grandmothers.
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 10:56
When we were house hunting, they never bothered to return our calls. After that, they have been constantly calling and sending me emails. Even after repeating multiple times, they didn't stop. Thus, I have their number on my blocked list. Seriously, the property market in this country in general is a joke.
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 10:34
i have not received anything like this,from them but am receiving approx 3 emails and calls per day from other agents, seriously annoying, even when asked to remove me from their database. Does anyone know what i can do apart from blocking their emails? Dont answer / delete?[/quote Answer and tell them you are not interested? Lots of real estate agents desperate now since fewer people are buying.
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 10:17
Count yourself lucky - when we were house hunting they never once returned any of our calls !! lol
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 09:59
i have not received anything like this,from them but am receiving approx 3 emails and calls per day from other agents, seriously annoying, even when asked to remove me from their database. Does anyone know what i can do apart from blocking their emails? Dont answer / delete?
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 09:57
i have not received anything like this,from them but am receiving approx 3 emails and calls per day from other agents, seriously annoying, even when asked to remove me from their database. Does anyone know what i can do apart from blocking their emails?
Latest post on 29 September 2014 - 03:04
I've worked with them for several visits recently, never received such a message for a missed call. Plus, S&K looked one of the most professional real estate agency among dozens that I've met. Thought an e-mail to S&K general mailbox like an info@.... would work? May be they have a good opportunity to share with you;)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY