Input about working environment in Saudi German Hospital? | ExpatWoman.com

Input about working environment in Saudi German Hospital?

Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 10:29

Hello,
I am offered a job in Saudi German Hospital, Dubai (management). However, I have heard few rumors about the working environment.
Any information regarding the organization,payscale, commitment to employees retention will be highly appreciated.
Good day!

Latest post on 19 October 2014 - 18:37
Thankful for all your valuable input. Im still shocked after what I have read!!
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 18:00
We visit SGH only to see our pediatrician. Other departments is such a mess, especially Emergency. Story 1. My son broke his arm in school and we rushed him to the hospital (SGH), they put a cast around his arm, but apparently were supposed to take another x-ray to check if the bones were fixed right, which they didn't. And when we came for follow up visit with the ortho doc there, it turned out that bone wasn't fixed correctly and displaced and started healing/growing back with an angle. As a result we had to do operation on my DS's arm (then only 5 years old) on a New Year eve to fix the bone! Story 2. My DH had very bad headache and was shivering and had high blood pressure and when we went there, doctor (internist) said go and buy a pill to lower his BP. After keeping him for 2 hours and not helping to reduce his symptoms, they just suggested to go and see the neurologist. Story 3. A friends hubby went to Emergency with acute abdominal pain. It took them 5 hours to do all the analysis and even after 5 hours they were not ready. So they went back home and returned few hours later to find out he had appendicitis (in our country they found this out within an hour with all the examination and blood/urine tests, USSs). These are all stories from patients, which may not say anything factual about working environment. But may indirectly indicate what is the culture like if there are so many pitfalls.
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 12:14
One of my doctors used to work there. He is a middle aged Arabic man. He was very bitter about that hospital and said he only stayed a bit as they owed him salaries. We are not friends by any means, the conversation took place in the treatment room after I asked how long he lived in dubai. I believe to start complaining on your ex employers to a random patient means he was really hurt by them.
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 12:12
Hello, I am offered a job in Saudi German Hospital, Dubai (management). However, I have heard few rumors about the working environment. Any information regarding the organization,payscale, commitment to employees retention will be highly appreciated. Good day! I am yet to hear anything positive from this hospital. Only heard things from unhappy patients. They've now told two people I know that they have broken bones only to be told later that the first diagnosis was wrong.
Latest post on 18 October 2014 - 12:11
It's a shame that it seems to have acquired a p**r reputation since day one for anyone thinking of going to it as it's in a convenient location for many people! Don't know how they treat the staff. Hope it can improve.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY