Relocating dog back to UK | ExpatWoman.com

Relocating dog back to UK

Latest post on 21 October 2014 - 16:52

we are going back to the UK in January, have had a few quotes for getting my dog back but just wondering how hard can it be to do myself? Has anyone done it? Where do I start? Thanks

Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 10:52
We've got some great articles in our Pets & Vets section about this topic... http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_pets_vets_dkc_relocating_pet_no_drugs_12862.aspx HTH
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 10:41
It's possible to do it yourself. You need to get the export paperwork from the Dubai end and permission from the airline to board the pet. There's a lovely lady named Alison who runs a pet import/export operation. You can find her by googling Alison Doghouse Dubai. We know people who've used her and were very happy. Alison can organize the export paperwork from both the vet and the Dubai Municipality and the crate, leaving you to book space for the pet on the airlines. Alison will also tell you everything you need to know and what all your options are. Alternatively, speak to your vet about the various pet shipping options. Note that if the pet flies with you on the same airplane as part of your checked in baggage, it's much cheaper than going the full cargo route where the pet flies separately. But you have to book space for the pet simultaneously when booking your original flight ticket, so you need to call the airline directly for the booking and get permission from them rather than booking online. Not all flights accept pets, Emirates will only take one animal at a time, but KLM via Amsterdam is an excellent option as they have a fabulous reputation for taking care of animals on their flights and during the layover.
Latest post on 22 October 2014 - 09:51
Ive never done this to the UK, but pets on jets based in manchester will be able to guide you through the Import paperwork. Dubai Kennels and cattery in Dubai can help you with exporting paperwork. You could use a relocator, but it can work out abit expensive. It all depends on your budget ofcourse.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY