Looking for forum member XN | ExpatWoman.com

Looking for forum member XN

Latest post on 13 June 2017 - 15:56
Hey XN I saw your reply to my post regarding living in turkey... am really sorry i have been out and just got back.. let me knw when you have time and we can get talking :) Hi Njj! Are you still in Istanbul? In Gokturk area? I am moving there soon! I would be grateful for your peace of advice about the area.
Latest post on 13 June 2017 - 15:54
Guess I got you earlier than usual njj :) Tarabya is a very nice place, hope you enjoy it. Sorry that I don't know any maids who can work for you:( As I've always worked with locals. Try the agencies but still can't name any. Happy for you that you're expecting number 2:) My gynae was in Acibadem too. His name is Ibrahim Bildirici. He's very famous with his easing style and gave birth to the babies of a lot of my friends + some celebrities in Turkey too. Must go places: Gazebo Restaurant : one of my favs, dinner, afternoon tea Nusret: Best steakhouse in town, expensive but an experience Iskele Bebek: Fish Restaurant, fancy and touristic fish restaurant Revma: Where we always go, fish restaurant Incirli Saraphane: Vine House, just perfect Su Ada: Pick one of the restaurants, it is a good experience specially for dinner Kosebasi: The most known kebab restaurant, won't cost you a fortune, pick the one at Levent Lokma: Breakfast is very very important in Turkey, don't miss this one. Big Chef's Tarabya: International cusine, good for casual eating outs. Make sure that you've reservation for all of these. For grocery use MacroCenter. It is like Waitrose of Turkey. For food color, I've no idea, sorry for that. For online shopping: We used to use DHL for shipping. And Amazon also has shipping operations for some items. You can also try local online stores I'll give you the most reliable ones: Markafoni.com (the best) Morhipo.com trendyol.com Lidyana.com For home related shopping: evmanya.com nuev.com altincicadde.com perabulvari.com Online shopping is better than here in Dubai. Hands on shopping: Clothing: Vakko, Beymen, Network, Yargici, Hotic, Matras, Mavi Jeans are some of my favs. -You can find them all in Istinye Park Mall. Mudo is fair enough, too. Home: Pasabahce -the best for glassware-, Madame Coco, English Home, Linens I used a lot Furniture: Yatas, Koleksiyon, Lazzoni, Mudo Concept -Mudo has a huge store in Maslak, very close to you- we used a lot! In case you see any of these brands in one of the online shopping stores that I mentioned above, you can go for them. Jewellery: Atelye79 , ask for Eleni she is my friend and tell her about me, she will take care of you very well. Fruits and Vegetables: Just go to the closest bazaar:) don't buy it from super markets. Hope that helps. Love xN edited by xN on 06/04/2015 Hi xN! I am also looking for you :) Moving to Gokturk soon! how can I get in touch? Thank you!
Latest post on 06 April 2015 - 21:11
Guess I got you earlier than usual njj :) Tarabya is a very nice place, hope you enjoy it. Sorry that I don't know any maids who can work for you:( As I've always worked with locals. Try the agencies but still can't name any. Happy for you that you're expecting number 2:) My gynae was in Acibadem too. His name is Ibrahim Bildirici. He's very famous with his easing style and gave birth to the babies of a lot of my friends + some celebrities in Turkey too. Must go places: Gazebo Restaurant : one of my favs, dinner, afternoon tea Nusret: Best steakhouse in town, expensive but an experience Iskele Bebek: Fish Restaurant, fancy and touristic fish restaurant Revma: Where we always go, fish restaurant Incirli Saraphane: Vine House, just perfect Su Ada: Pick one of the restaurants, it is a good experience specially for dinner Kosebasi: The most known kebab restaurant, won't cost you a fortune, pick the one at Levent Lokma: Breakfast is very very important in Turkey, don't miss this one. Big Chef's Tarabya: International cusine, good for casual eating outs. Make sure that you've reservation for all of these. For grocery use MacroCenter. It is like Waitrose of Turkey. For food color, I've no idea, sorry for that. For online shopping: We used to use DHL for shipping. And Amazon also has shipping operations for some items. You can also try local online stores I'll give you the most reliable ones: Markafoni.com (the best) Morhipo.com trendyol.com Lidyana.com For home related shopping: evmanya.com nuev.com altincicadde.com perabulvari.com Online shopping is better than here in Dubai. Hands on shopping: Clothing: Vakko, Beymen, Network, Yargici, Hotic, Matras, Mavi Jeans are some of my favs. -You can find them all in Istinye Park Mall. Mudo is fair enough, too. Home: Pasabahce -the best for glassware-, Madame Coco, English Home, Linens I used a lot Furniture: Yatas, Koleksiyon, Lazzoni, Mudo Concept -Mudo has a huge store in Maslak, very close to you- we used a lot! In case you see any of these brands in one of the online shopping stores that I mentioned above, you can go for them. Jewellery: Atelye79 , ask for Eleni she is my friend and tell her about me, she will take care of you very well. Fruits and Vegetables: Just go to the closest bazaar:) don't buy it from super markets. Hope that helps. Love xN <em>edited by xN on 06/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 14:42
hey XN.. we sure do miss each others posts.. we are in istanbul and trying to settle in .. it sure is tougher than settling in other cities but the city itself is worth it.. anyhow we found a duplex garden floor apt with a maids room in a nice compound in tarabya.. n guess what our maid had to leave :( .... what a bummer now i have a big house with a maids room n no maid.. again i thot i will chk with u if u knw anyone who can recommend a maid or if u had a maid who can work fr us if shes looking or recommend someone else ... for hospital yes everyone recommended acibadem maslak so am seeing a gynae there as i am expecting my second one in June .. i have a few more questions... first of all since we r new here ourselves n my sis is gonna b visiting us frm US for 4-5 days so can u recommend must go places for sightseeing apart frm topkapi, hagia sophia, blue mosque, bosphorous and grand bazar? and any goo eat outs like hidden gems kinda resturants :p another thing am struggling with finindg alot of grocery items though they r mostly used in asian foods.. but things like vanilla essence, custard powder n food color are also a struggle to find.. lastly most imp question.. i am big o online shopping and i found out that the custom duties n taxes r hefty here.. wud u knw what is the limit above which customs charges those duties n taxes like in dubai its 250 USD.. also do u knw any shipping fwding company like aramex shop n ship which gives good rates fr turkey.. as the aramex one is quiet expensive i mostly shop frm US n UK.. i hope this time u see this thread soon and i get a reply soon :p
Latest post on 26 February 2015 - 20:33
Hi njj, I am sorry that we've missed each other again.. Will answer your questions though, hope they would be helpful still. Zekeriyakoy is a good place to live, I would suggest you to check Gokturk as well. It is more developed and you will find much more thing to do around. -that was the place we used to live and we loved it!- For both accommodation areas, make sure you have a strong car as in winter those two are getting into serious tough weather conditions cause they are quite close to one of the biggest forest area of Istanbul -snow, roads getting icy, heavy rains..-, even for 15-20 days in a year, I can tell that it is worth it! I would suggest you to live in a gated community, it is not like living in Dubai, at least we used to live like that. Having maid rooms are not so common, limited with in a few gated community areas, check for Kemer Country -in Gokturk again- or rent an apt - villa with one more additional bedroom than you need just for yourself. Use sahibinden.com for house hunting. Or I can advice you to use our real estate agent, World of Kemer, worldofkemer.com, find Dilek Hanim there and let me know if you get in touch with her. I can call her personally so that she will take care of you differently:) we've sold one and rented one apt with her services. Professional lady. I can suggest 2 hospitals, 1 American hospital at Nisantasi, 2. Acibadem Maslak Hospital -which has a branch in Gokturk as well- Sorry no idea about your maids visa as my experiences are with always local people. Hope that helps, Good luck!
Latest post on 23 January 2015 - 23:45
hey xN we sure miss each other everytime... well to start off with we are looking at living in a villa so I guess suburbs is the answer.. my husband's work is on europe side so some ppl suggested zekariyakoy? any idea abt it? or can you suggest any other good neighborhood(s)? do u suggest living in gated community or is it even safe to live outsie a gated community.. just to let you knw i have a 16 months old daughter and a second baby due in June Insha Allah.. so not really needing to be close to schools yet but yeah may need a daycare for the elder one to drop off a few hrs a day a couple of times a week.. also in terms of a villa we are taking our maid along to turkey as well, so having maids rooms is a common thing in turkey?? like dubai ?? or wud we need to accomodate her in one of the spare rooms? as we want to get a 3 bed villa with a maids room but if maids room are not a common thing then we will have to go fr a 4 bed (which may turn out to be out of our budget :() .. any websites you suggest for house hunting?? second thing .. any clues abt a good hospital with a good OB and a pediatrician (i love my OB here in dubai n wud miss her dearly :( same goes for my daughter pediatrician )... lastly we are taking our maid along on a tourist visa and then get it converted.. now when i asked at the embassy the lady wasnt sure enuf whether it can be converted while in turkey or wud she need to come bak to dubai and get a work permit sponsored by my husband? do u have any experience of this? enough questions for now.. will keep asking while i keep getting responses from you :) thanks alot...
Latest post on 03 December 2014 - 12:47
Hi Njj, What a pity that we can't get to catch each other.. I just saw your post sorry for being that late to reply. Post your questions in the forum, I'll keep checking and answering all of your questions. I won't be available to attend this weeks EW coffee morning at Emirates Golf Club, but if it is OK for you we can meet there on the 11th. Let me know.. Wishing you good luck with the move! <em>edited by xN on 03/12/2014</em>
Latest post on 13 November 2014 - 23:39
Hey XN I saw your reply to my post regarding living in turkey... am really sorry i have been out and just got back.. let me knw when you have time and we can get talking :)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY