Advice regarding ban for a maid.... | ExpatWoman.com

Advice regarding ban for a maid....

Latest post on 20 December 2014 - 22:38

We are hoping to employ a maid who has been coming to us from an agency for the last few years. However she is 7 years into her contract which is due to end next September. Whilst we are happy to cover any losses (bonus/end of service etc) she would lose by coming to us from them we understand that she may face a ban.

I have been told that we may be able to lift the ban by paying a fee of 5500/6000...this is fine but I have no idea if this is the case for sure and also how I can do this.

Any advice on what to do in this situation please? Admin - I know this may be on the wrong page but I wanted to get to anyone who may know re legalities of this kind of thing! Thank you!

Latest post on 21 December 2014 - 22:09
you cannot lift the ban, if you employ her under domestic workers visa. However, it is unlikely that she will be banned if she completed her contract, and exited the country. After she left you can check with immigration is she was banned. They will not automatically ban her as she finished the contract, only if the employer specifically requests this and pays extra for it. It is unlikely, but of course they would tell this to the girls so they do not start thinking to make the jump.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY