Delivered at Al Zahra Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Delivered at Al Zahra Dubai

Latest post on 15 February 2015 - 17:34

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience for those expecting to deliver at Al Zahra.
I just gave birth to my second at Al Zahra a few days ago and I have to say absolutely no regrets to go for this hospital.
The midwives are great and so comforting. The labor was INTENSE as is.
The service that I cannot praise enough is the aftercare. The staff was amazing. Not once was I interrupted while I was resting. They managed all vitals, medicine administration etc while they knew we are awake and the food was good (small portions of everything).
They have a rooming in policy but always available for feeding help nappy changes etc.
I even asked my husband to go home for the night as I was quite comfortable with the staffs help.

Hats off to the midwives and nurses that do the hardest work of all!

Latest post on 07 July 2015 - 14:53
On my first trimester here and planning to give birth at Al Zahra with Dr. Nirmala. Has anyone had experience with her? Any thoughts? TIA!
Latest post on 20 March 2015 - 11:03
Hi MKS! This review has put me at ease, thank you. FTM and delivering at Al Zahra, currently just started with Dr Yamini. My only issue so far is that when I request urgent call backs (booking my C section) from Dr Yamini or her nurse neither of them ever do and I cant be in touch with them directly, which I find really annoying and has left me with a sense of lack of care on their part. Did you ever experience this? Hi VanessaM, I went with Dr Yamini after reading good things abt her and her patients being happy with their delivry there. I was not happy with my first delivery experience and perhaps this is why I was more focused on labor facilities (esp the water pool in each room) and labor staff and so on and also a doctor that is pro-natural as anyone who has had one delivery knows that the doc really is there just to catch the baby :) Other than that from my doc side I just didnt want to be pushed for an induction. You can have a look around to find a doctor that matches your expectations and makes you feel comfortable. This is the most important thing! AND I never really called for anything (perhaps being second time I didnt have too much to ask about)...when they had to update me abt test results etc, the calls were always on time! edited by mks on 20/03/2015 <em>edited by mks on 20/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 20 March 2015 - 10:52
Hi MKS! this review is helpful. Did you get an antenatal package prior to your delivery? Who's the attending OB you got? Hi Mommypie, I was with dr yamini and was paying appointment to appointment (no antenatal package). Thanks again for the reply. I heard the blood tests and scans are expensive if you don't get the package? How and where did you get your lab work done? al zahra also? Sorry to bombard questions, we have no insurance that's why every cost counts :( Noted for the OB reco. Congratulations by the way to your new bundle of joy! THANKS. Been busy! Im not sure abt the cost comparision for the lab n blood works as I could claim on my insurance. But I think it was comparable to other private hospitals. Perhaps taking the package would be the way to go if you will be paying out of pocket. Good Luck!
Latest post on 17 March 2015 - 15:57
Vanessa - FTM here, delivered with Dr. Yamini in October. I too had trouble reaching her and felt ignored by her nurse when requesting call backs. It bothered me enough that I considered switching doctors/hosptials. I am glad I didnt though, in the end, my labor experience at Al Zahra and w/ Yamini was excellent.
Latest post on 17 March 2015 - 12:49
Hi MKS! This review has put me at ease, thank you. FTM and delivering at Al Zahra, currently just started with Dr Yamini. My only issue so far is that when I request urgent call backs (booking my C section) from Dr Yamini or her nurse neither of them ever do and I cant be in touch with them directly, which I find really annoying and has left me with a sense of lack of care on their part. Did you ever experience this?
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 16:10
Hi MKS! this review is helpful. Did you get an antenatal package prior to your delivery? Who's the attending OB you got? Hi Mommypie, I was with dr yamini and was paying appointment to appointment (no antenatal package). Thanks again for the reply. I heard the blood tests and scans are expensive if you don't get the package? How and where did you get your lab work done? al zahra also? Sorry to bombard questions, we have no insurance that's why every cost counts :( Noted for the OB reco. Congratulations by the way to your new bundle of joy!
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 15:25
Hi MKS! this review is helpful. Did you get an antenatal package prior to your delivery? Who's the attending OB you got? Hi Mommypie, I was with dr yamini and was paying appointment to appointment (no antenatal package).
Latest post on 17 February 2015 - 14:51
Hi MKS! this review is helpful. Did you get an antenatal package prior to your delivery? Who's the attending OB you got?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY