need advice with insurance terminology | ExpatWoman.com

need advice with insurance terminology

Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 11:19
We have a policy with Aetna (huge American company, have an office in Dubai) and, as we pay ourselves since we are both retired, we have gone for what they call 'major medical' insurance. This means that we pay the first U.S.$1,000 of any treatment. We started being insured with them back in 2006 when they were called GoodHealth (or something similar) and have stuck with them - we now live in Muscat - and are more than happy with the policy we have. I was diagnosed with Non-hodgkins Lymphoma in summer 2013 (which required an eight treatment chemo course and a two-year, two-monthly maintenance infusion course which I'm now halfway through) and they have been more than helpful and fair and even when we renewed our policy last summer they didn't sting us with a massive premium increase, despite my husband having turned 60 in the meantime as well. So, if you are happy to pay a certain amount towards your medical care costs a 'major medical' type policy may help to keep the premium a bit lower. Hope this helps a little
Latest post on 23 February 2015 - 09:43
want to do a health insurance but so many companies. Some are third party ( integra, NOW, ) some say conditional, some say non conditional. I jsut wanted to see if any one out there had positive experiences or forewarnings. THere is a new one called AVIA that I am being advised for but I have never heard of them. Mednet Silver ? I don't really need something that covers every single little thing - just want to be insured incase of cancer or really serious illness that will require a whole lot of money. Many thanks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY