Uptown Mirdiff and JVC Fortunato Living | ExpatWoman.com

Uptown Mirdiff and JVC Fortunato Living

Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 12:04

Morning ladies,

I would really appreciate if anyone who lives in these two areas would kindly share some pros and cons of living there?

gettin in and out especially Traffic (DD school is in Um Sequim)
amenties
park
communal pool etc

TIA
<em>edited by Fr!zzyBusY on 02/03/2015</em>

Latest post on 12 March 2015 - 13:18
Sorry ladies for the late reply. Many thanks for your feedbacks on the two areas. @ Mags, I have ruled out Mirdif shame its a lovely area and we saw a gorgeous villa too. I gathered the route to from her school is a bit much also majority of her after school activities are near her school :( @Missy Moo, Wow you been there 5 yrs! We went to JVC over the weekend for a couple of viewings and what a nightmare looking for the place. We ended up in JVT! We got there in the end as it was literally on the otherside! I understand where you coming from there are a lot of construction in the area and no road signs. Went pass Mirabella villas and the trucks and the construction bit crazy and that was at the weekend! I agree the place and finish in some of the villas is not great it a shame. We saw a place in Fortunato the compound had huge swimming pool and gym. Just no shops around or parks are yet to built up. I agree the place will look amazing when its all done but by then the rents will be sky high. We move out next yr so we got a bit of time so doing lots of research atm. Ladies, thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it xx :
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 15:39
I live in Mirdiff behind Uptown and I think the drive to school in Um Sequim will be very difficult and could take anything from 30 mins to 1 hour on a bad day. All of the Salik dodgers drive through Mirdiff or come off Emirates Road to get to BB crossing and most days it take 25 mins just to get to DFC
Latest post on 02 March 2015 - 14:54
Hiya Fr!zzy :) I live in JVC, I can only comment on Mirabella villas but the build quality here is terrible. There are really no facilities here, the roads are crazy dangerous and heaps of trucks to boot! You'll have a hike to get to Um Sequim from here. DH & I will be moving out of here as I don't feel safe here anymore, being followed when taking puppy for a walk isn't fun :( There are small parks here but I haven't used it for a while no grass for kids to play on, few play activity set but not much tbh. Best bet if you haven't is to come and have a look for yourself at different times. I wish I could be positive about being here in JVC as it is in a great area to get to so many places, rent was reasonable but now after 5 years it's not worth it, damage to cars, furniture (due to poor building even for dubai standars), also lots of people house sharing here, I could go on. I again I hate bagging the place but for me it's not worth it. Good luck with your search xx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY